We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really that bad?

Which Guia de Isora hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucestershire
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it really that bad?

i've booked to go to sensatori tenerfie for my honeymoon in july - is it really that bad, really worried! went to sensatori in crete in september and that was amazing ...... any advice would be really appreciated, not alot i can do till i get there but still would like to be prepared.... Thank you!

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really that bad?

Why not check out the reports from 'Xtrapnel' on the 'Thomson turn Gran Melia Palacio into Sensatori Resort' thread. He is currently on holiday there and seems to be having a good time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really that bad?

Hi Lindsey 1980

We are going for our honeymoon in three weeks time and we were also very worried. Head Office at Thomson have advised that nobody has submitted an official complaint, although I do find that a bit hard to believe considering what I have read over the past two weeks but I think that the problems arose with guests that arrived in the first two weeks of the changeover.

Yesterday Thomson offered us to change if we liked for £50 each as long as the holiday we picked cost the same or was more expensive and was travelling on the same dates. We were considering the El Dorado Casitas Royale in Mexico (costs the same as going to Tenerife including Premium Upgraded flights) which is a Gourmet All Inclusive adults only resort but the long flight for only one weeks holiday has put us off. We feel more reassured with the more positive reviews coming through that we will have a great time in the Red Level at Sensatori Tenerife.

I will write my review on my return at the end of June.

Gloucestershire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really that bad?

thanks for that - let me know how you go, i think i will play the honeymoon card as much as possible when out there just fingers crossed the service will have improved. Enjoy!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really that bad?

We are awaiting a reply to a four page letter detailing our complaints. We also stated that we would not upload our review on here until we had heard from them within a reasonable time frame. We're giving them until the middle of next week. An additional inconvenience we are also suffering is that both our suitcases are still missing despite there being a dedicated Sensatori check in desk at Tenerife Airport. It really does depend what you want - we're a couple and were looking for peace and relaxation - we didn't get it. Sorry to be negative.

Scotland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really that bad?

Hi,

We are going to Sensatori in two weeks and asked to change our holiday at the weekend but Thomson said we are unable to change!

What store did you speak to with regards to changing your holiday?

Would really appreciate your help!

worcestershire
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really that bad?

we retuned yesterday and although we had our few grumbles it was not all bad. There are things they need to sort out but overall we had a good 2 weeks. The rooms are loveley and the hotel quite grand although drinks very expensive which i think is down to the captive audiance and the euro as a whole.. We never did have a problem with getting just one glass of wine - just keep asking and we were never rushed away after a meal and happy to keep serving drinks when you were done eating. Don't expect a hot drink at breakfast as water is alway cool but we were never kept waiting for a table even when wanting to sit outside. Other restaurants were good but limited selection. If you want to book any of these get to guest reservations about 10am and you can only book for that day or next. Italian was lovely but wait till the sun goes down. Adult only section of the pool was a god send to us as although we like children there were A LOT of them there.

surrey
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really that bad?

I agree with the above. We had a great holiday food was lovely, wine flowed well. I didnt think the price of drinks was bad. 9 EUROS for 2 wines which is only about £1 more than I pay in the local. Cocktails are 8 or 9 Euros which is the same as most hotels. There were a few service issues and the morning sun bed rush is a joke. We were there in half term and I had children with me but there are A LOT of kids. Go with an open mind and you will enjoy.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really that bad?

The local Thomson manager explained that Gran Melia usually had 20% occupancy (about 250 people). When we arrived, 7th May, there were apparently 850 guests rising to about 1200. It was clear that the hotel was not geared up for that increase in the number of guests.

A sensible manager would be able to sort out the problems quickly. The building and gardens are beautiful. If you were friends of mine, I would say go, (but cross your fingers!)

9. Re: Is it really that bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 21:05
10. Re: Is it really that bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 05:16