We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

NI
12 posts
Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

Hi

We are going to Sensatori in a few weeks and at the same time my parents are going to be staying in Las Americas/ Los Cristinas.

We are hoping to meet up with them a few times during the fortnight so I just wondering what the easiest way will be. Will we be best to hire a car or just public transport?

We will have a 2 year old with us so I am thinking that if we can use buses, it will save on having to worry about carseats etc but then being able to come and go as we please with our own car would be handy too so there will be no waiting about for buses etc

If anyone has any advice or tips that would be great

Thanks

Claire

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,912 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

Hi Claire ....

You will need bus number 473 which starts in Los Gigantes , you will get on at the Alcala stop ......or (477 only week days ) ...the bus service is excellent ....

www.titsa.com/lineas.asp?idl=473&sentido=2

If you click onto this link for bus 473 and then click onto show map ...it will show you all the stops ...

I would find out if your hotel does a free service ,as some hotels do ....

Sylla

NI
12 posts
2. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

Thanks for the infor Sylla, it is a great help

Claire

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

Hi Claire,

Did you find out if hotel offers a free service? Im not going until next year (3rd time to Tenerife) and really want to make a few day trips to Las Americas again (especially for siam park!) Last year we hired a car but if theres a service available Id prefer that so my partner and I can both have a drink and not worry about having to drive back!

From experience though Sensatori is around 40 minutes away (we were in Los Gigantes so not to far from sensatori at all) We found the hire car really handy though for day trips and worth the money (theres plenty of hire shops around the island so wouldnt book direct as the shops do great deals!

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

| would have to disagree about not booking a car in advance. I think you will find that the best deals are definitely to be had by booking in advance and if you are booking for the whole time you are there you should try Autoreisen who's cars are available at the airport. Be very careful when booking with other companies that they don't try to charge you for a full tank of petrol which can amount to a lot of money.

Nelly

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

really? how much it is per day to book in advance? we got a great car for 23 euros a day the rule with petrol being that your given a full tank at the start and as long as you return the car with a full tank of petrol then theres no extra charges. We went to quite a few places during the week and dont recall putting more than 10 euros in the tank at the end.

Im just going off personal experience and found this company in particular to be far cheaper than our travel companies cars yet was the exact same car!

NI
12 posts
6. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

The hotel doesnt offer a free bus service but the thomson staff told us where you can get the bus from and that it cost about 5/6 euros each but to be honest, we got a taxi to and from Las Americas for around €25 each way. It was just a whole lot easier for us travelling with a 2 year old and a pram etc. And the hotel were able to lend us a carseat for him so we took the easy option.

Claire

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

thats good for a taxi! Last year some taxi guy charged us 50 euro from las americas to los gigantes but i was slightly drunk so didnt care at the time, but 25 is excellent!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
182 reviews
8. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

Depends what time you get in a taxi, if as you say you were slightly tipsy I would guess it was after 10pm and fares go up then, just like in the UK after a certain time.

I think €25 is still very cheap though from PdlA to Los Gigantes, If I had to guess it would have been around €35-40 based on the distance involved.

NI
12 posts
9. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

We got the taxi to Las Americas both times at 11.00am (booked by the hotel) and came back both times between 11pm and 12pm (booked by the reception at the Vulcano hotel). I think the most we paid was 27.00 for a taxi back one of the nights butthe other 3 times were €25

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Travelling from Sensatori to Las Americas?

wow really lucky then! I was told by the taxi driver why the fare was so dare and he said it was because of the time of night, which was fair enough - just didnt bother going back into PDLA for the rest of the holiday hehe