We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
620 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

I was wondering if anyone knew a taxi form or a mini bus firm who could help me travel around Gran Alacant and could fit 5 (2 adults 3 children). I will be staying for two weeks and will need to go to church in Santa Pola, occasional trips to Alicante centre etc.

I will also need collecting and dropping off at the airport, but don't have a clue how to arrange anything or know if any taxis take upto 5 people. Any advice appreciated - thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Gran Alacant
Gran Alacant
Costa Blanca, Spain
Santa Pola
Santa Pola
Costa Blanca, Spain
norfolk
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

We always use Alicante airport transfers from and to the airport, we book online and it's all sorted and they are waiting for us, don't know how they compare price wise with others but we have no complaints at all about them and we are always comfortable with using them, normally there is just the 2 of us but when we went in August there were 4 adults and 2 children and they used a people carrier.

Don't know what to advise about getting about when you are there we always use the tram to get about, which is very easy but depends on your travel needs, you would be hard pushed to fit into an ordinary taxi.

If I can be of any help, let me have some details and I will see what I can come up with.

Regards,

Jean.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
620 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

Could you let me know how to get in touch with the Airport transfer company please?

With thanks

norfolk
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

The web address is www.alicanteairporttransfer.com, if you put in details of where you want to get to and if you want return transfer it will give you the price, next page will ask for exact address details and any extras such as if you require child car seats, i always pay when I book but you have the option to pay the driver, I just think it's one less thing to have to think about.

They will be waiting for you when you come through and have a board with your name on so it's very easy and they have always been there at the time we have specified for return to the airport.

Hope this helps, I don't know if you can get it cheaper as I don't compare prices, we are more than satisfied with their service and that's why we

always use them.

Regards

Jean.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
620 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

thanks for your help!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
217 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

There is a really good frequent bus service that runs between Santa Pola and Alicante that comes off the n332 and up round Gran Alicant.

Paul on 0034676316319 has a Picassa though of course this would only seat 4 of you, he charges 5 euros for any trip around Gran Alicant. Also worth looking at is the granalicantplaza web site for info

Mentioned in this post
Santa Pola
Santa Pola
Costa Blanca, Spain
6. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 00:17
7. Re: Transport for 5 in and around Gran Alacant and Alicante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 06:31
Get answers to your questions about Alicante