We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trams

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trams

I'm sorry, I cannot seem to find the answer on the internet - how does one go about buying tickets for the tram? I will probably not use it enough to warrant buying a weeks pass (if they do that). Do you pay on board are are there little kiosks dotted around? Thanks for any help - I don't want a fine!

Germany
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trams

They have ticket machines at the tram stops where you can buy the tickets

norfolk
Level Contributor
837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trams

I know there are ticket machines at El Campello, Alicante and Benidorm, I have never noticed any others although saying that I have never looked for one, all of the trains have a machine on board, but I felt a bit of a div when I used that because I felt everyone was looking at me making a mess of it! You can select english and they are not hard to use just feel better using the ones at the stations as no pressure.

At some stations they have a manned counter where you can buy tickets, for some reason you can buy a return ticket from Campello to Benidorm but only a single to Alicante, I travelled a few time under the illusion I had a return ticket only to find out that it was only a single, I was lucky I didn't have to show my ticket as I would never have been able to explain my mistake.

The prices are worked out in zones and are very reasonable, I think it costs 1.25 euros "single" from Campello to Alicante.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jean.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trams

Thanks very much :)

4. Re: Trams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Alicante