We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Hi

Can anyone recommend a cheapish hotel close to the airport?

Late flight coming in and wanted to stay in the area before moving on in the morning.

Thank you

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

There's no hotels within walking distance, but there's a Holiday Inn about 3km away.

Coatbridge
Level Contributor
376 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

The Campanile hotel is around a 10 min (taxi) drive from the airport, has a restaurant on site and works out around 35 euros a night. The Holiday Inn express that llamacalmer mentions is closer but is unfortunatly truly awful.

Alicante is only 15 mins in a taxi away from the airport (will cost around 20 euro one way). The bus will have stopped if it is a late night flight you are on, so a taxi would be your only choice unless you are hiring a car. You can easily stay in Alicante itself and have a much greater choice of hotels.

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Hola!

Nearest hotels to the airport are:

Hostal Mesaguer

Hostal Pensimar

Both are in El Altet, at about 5min from the airport and have cheap prices. Late at night you will need a taxi to get there.

You can book them at booking.com

Check also those:

Express by Holiday Inn Alicante

Ibis Alicante

Etap Hotel

Alicante Hills

There are all in the same area, at about 10 minutes drive from the airport, they have very good deals too and (if you are lucky with the room), amazing views of Alicante´s bay.

If you find similar prices for all of them, I will personally go for the Ibis (it is the only one I have been; good service, good breakfast, very clean).

Edited: 10 June 2011, 00:19
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Don't do the Holiday Inn. I second thehappytourist.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Thanks very much for all your replies.

Our flight lands at 12.20am, so by the time we pick our bags up and catch a taxi we will be arriving at the hotel pretty late.

I wanted to keep it as cheap as possible, as we wont be in the hotel for very long!

Im going to look in to your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Hi wheatcrunchie!

I know what you mean. I will do the same. I will go for a near by, clean and cheap hotel for the first night and then the rest of the time you can find something more interesting.

Although, if you let me know what are you planning on doing in Alicante, perhaps I could recommend you a good value for money hotel in town to stay there all the time so you save up having to check in and out twice.

There are good offers out there...

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Thanks Mireia

All we will be doing is sleeping and then heading to Benidorm the next day!

I've found a few cheap hotels, but I'm unsure on how far they are from the airport (ie how much a taxi will cost!!!) and how easy it will be to travel onwards the next day!

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

I see..

What day are you travelling? Sundays timetables are a bit different...

Cheapest option for you it will be:

1) To stay in El Altet (Hostal Mesaguer or Pensimar). Taxi should cost around 10€ and the hotel around 30€.

2) To take the following morning a public bus to Alicante bus station (around 2€ per person and it takes 30min).

3) To take a bus to Benidorm with Alsa (around 4€ per person, it takes about 1h). www.alsa.es

Taking advantage you are in Alicante, you could leave your bags at the train station in the luggage storage place and visit our beautiful city ;) (if you do this see a post about luggage storage in Alicante).

I hope you get it all sorted!

Coatbridge
Level Contributor
376 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

The cleanest and best value of all the hotel on the road from the airport to Alicante is the Campanile (35 euro for a room) - www.campanile-alicante.es. Normally I would not recommend one of this companies hotels as I have stayed in some dumps with them but this is a very good hotel. It is also not to far away from the bus station. I have stayed in Alicante HIE and the Ibis and would never stay in them again.

A taxi would cost around 12 to 15 euro.

I have never stayed in either of the hotels Mirejia mentions but a friend stayed overnight at Hostal Pensimar after a late flight and said it was very nice. They are both certainly closer to the airport. Here are the websites for both of them - www.hostalmeseguer.es - www.pensimar.com

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel close to Alicante Airport

Many thanks Happytourist.

I dont suppose you know how easy it is to get in to Alicante from Elche?

So many questions...sorry!

Get answers to your questions about Alicante