We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire at alicante airport

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western Ireland...
9 posts
Save Topic
Car hire at alicante airport

Really would appreciate any advice on hiring a car from Alicante airport. We travel @ the end of june for 2 weeks. 2 adults and 3 kids so I will need to hire 3 child car seats also. This is my first time to ever hire a car! All advice / information would be very very helpful. thanks.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

We've always used Centauro at both Alicante and San Javier, and always found them reliable. They supply you with a full tank of petrol (and like most car hire companies charge you over the odds) and you return it empty.

Western Ireland...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

We need to hire a car for 2 weeks in July at Alicante Airport. Would anyone recommend /or not the Car Hire Co Centauro? Thank you

Norfolk
Level Contributor
587 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

Hello

I have been using Record rent a car for over 10 years now and have always got a great car and service from them. I have tried to find cheaper and better on diff occasions but never have. I got back from a 10 day holiday Monday and the car was a group c car( small 4 door car with air con) and cost 100 euros for 10 days. We paid 50 euros for a full tank of petrol and returned the car empty. The car was almost brand new. Booking is easy online and you get discount if you join their club( get 10% future bookings). Just rebooked with them and got some type car as above for 10 days again for 89 euros.

I did find other car hire companies that did not charge for petrol, but the cost of the hire car was much more than records price with the car and petrol. So I stick with Record.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

Just got home from Alicante. Stayed for 3 weeks with my wife and 2 kids. We got a car from Centauro to use for our time over there. www.centauro.net

They had the best price and everything was spot on just as described. What really made me happy tough was there attitude as I damaged the car and they gave me NO trouble what so ever, were 100% helpful and did NOT charge me at all, just said that it was all included and that both made me extra happy and lifted a big weight of my shoulders so I will deffo do business with them again.

Best regards,

Siggi

Western Ireland...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

Sorry Siggi my post was from last year. But we had a very positive experience with Drivalia from off site at Alicante Airport which were fine. This year we are hiring a car from Madrid Airport and returning the car to Alicante.airport from Rentalcars.com. So fingers crossed this goes well. If anyone would like to comment or give me advice I would appreciate whatever your comments may be.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

hahaha, nice one.

I was just looking 2 give the company I hired a car from some credit, I was just so happy with there response after I damaged there car and I did not look @ your dates. :)

best regards,

Siggi

Western Ireland...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

Easy mistake to make. Glad you had a good outcome with the rental co etc. Thanks for posting. Anne

8. Re: Car hire at alicante airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:17