We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram trip

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Tram trip

Hi

we want to take a trip to El Castello after the suggestions on here. My question is the tram stop near the beach and what should i look for to know that I have got there (as I dont speak Spanish and wont understand any announcements if there are any!!) ?

Thanks a lot

norfolk
Level Contributor
831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram trip

Sorry do you mean El Campello? If it is El Castello it is not a place I can remember.

Jean.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram trip

Oh yes - sincere apologies I did mean El Campello

norfolk
Level Contributor
831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tram trip

It's quite easy to use the tram, if you are in Alicante there are 3 station, one near the port (which was the original one) but if you get on here you need to change, so get on either the station at Los Luceros or near the indoor market it doesn't really matter which line you get on if you are going to El Campello as they both do the same it's just that one stops at every station and one doesn't, it only stops at selected ones, Campello is one of those.

Your tickets are priced in zones, for some reason you can't get a return ticket to Campello (you couldn't last year) but I had done quite a few trips before I realised, don't know how I would have explained that!

You can use a machine in the foyer at Alicante or buy them on the tram, but in Alicante and Campello there are manned booths where you can buy them with no problem.

On the tram they will announce the next stop, ask for a timetable when you get your tickets and that will give you all the times and a map so you will know where you are.

When you get to Campello the beach is only a short walk away, you walk past the cafe and ticket office and cross the road to your right, this road leads down to the beach.

Hope this helps,

Jean.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tram trip

Brilliant- thank you jbesant

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
100 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tram trip

How far is the indoor market station from the port?

norfolk
Level Contributor
831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tram trip

Not far, about a 10 minute walk.

If you google Alicante fgv it will give you all the details you need for the tram.

Jean.

7. Re: Tram trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Alicante