We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport access with a motorhome?

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport access with a motorhome?

Hi,

We need to pick up a relative arriving at Alicante airport. Just a little concerned as we are in a motorhome. Does anyone know if it is fairly easy access to the airport? Height barriers, restrictions etc?

It is not a huge American RV, but still a motorhome! Is it easy to park at the terminal? Assuming the passenger has already arrived - is it possible to stop briefly outside arrivals?

Would be grateful for any advice!

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
995 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

I'm not sure about height restrictions, never noticed that. But and in your case, and its a big but, its a multi story car park and the swing round from floor to floor is tight. I drive a 7 seater citroen Picasso and am nervous of the turns on the ramps up and down, they are very narrow and not designed to take bigger vehicles. You would never get a motorhome in there.

Dropoff and pick up does have areas to stop but only momentarily or they could move you on.

I found this site useful when i first drove to the new terminal :

www.alicante-spain.com/alicante_airport.html

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

You wouldn't be able to access to the multistorey carpark.

With a motorhome I would suggest the following.... head for Departures and park up outside the OLD terminal 1 and ask your relative to ring you when they are through. They would have to make their way up to level 2 from arrivals to departures to meet you and you can drive round to collect them.

If there are 2 of you coming to the airport then an alternative is for the driver to stay in the motorhome in the parking area opposite the departures level, whilst the other person goes down to arrivals. The police are quite sympathetic to motorhomes as long as the driver remains with the vehicle.

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

Thank you so much for the quick responses to my question. Faith in human nature is always restored by others kindness, and that speed of response just when we needed it, was gratefully received.

We were able to pick our friends and relatives without any problem. And the area outside departures was a great place to pull over, that would probably not have been obvious if we had just ‘winged it’. So even though I have not been able to be back on tripadvisor until now, big thank you to those who posted a response to our question.

Aguadulce, Spain
Destination Expert
for Almeria, Province of Almeria, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
995 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

Thanks for the thanks, often people don't bother to acknowlege helpful posts on here. Its good to hear our advice was of help. Im sure 'dgutte' appreciates it too. His excellent knowlege and helpful advice is why hes a TA DE, and feedback makes it worthwhile to assist.

norfolk
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

Trip advisor at it's best and what it is all about.

Jean.

6. Re: Airport access with a motorhome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Alicante