We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
52 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

CAN any one tell me if they have hired a car from dickmanns car rental in Alicante airport. we have looked at other review sites and have had some negative feedback and would like to here from any one that has used them in the past and would like to here your feedback on there car hire cars. we have heard that there site is a bus ride from the airport and would like to no if they are a good trust worthy company .Thanks

205 replies to this topic
Tiptree, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

We have used Dickmanns from Alicante. They are Ok but bear in mind that they operate at the budget end of the market. You will get a clean reasonably new car, but will normally have to pay for a full tank of fuel and also either take their excess insurance or leave a credit card bond of anything between 300 and 500 euros. That taken into account, they offer a similar deal to many other companies, but shop around for your own deal on the net.

Paul & Annie

Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

We have just had this company (Dickmanns) through do you.spain car hire. I would not recommend them at all, very unpleasant staff, they charged me €96 for a full tank of petrol for a corsa, which was £56 in Scotland. No map available for off airport site so really difficult to find way back. I will never use this company again. Also told I had no breakdown cover as I did not buy their insurance excess as I had my own annual excess insurance, so looks like I pay any breakdown myself!!!

M Filippi

Sheffield
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

We've just returned from Spain after hiring a car from Dickmanns. The courtesy bus set up was a bit disconcerting (no signage, none of the established car hire companies in the airport knew anything about Dickmanns etc), but it actually worked out ok - just a bit amateurish and improvised. What really annoyed me was having to pay 96 Euros for petrol at the time of pickup, regardless of how much I use - and that's for a tiny Ford Fiesta. They just say 'bring it back empty'. So that's alright then? Even worse was the deposit: we've just noticed they've only refunded us 300 of the 400 Euro deposit - no message, no information of any kind. We've just rung them (from England) to challenge this and were informed we'd returned the car without any papers! We'd never been shown any papers and had no idea there were any in the car. All they would then say is that we have to take it up with our travel agent, in case they have any insurance that would cover this. Fantastic! My advice to would-be hirers is: Stick with the well-known companies where (a) you can know all the costs up front, and (b) you can assume they might be worried about gaining a bad reputation if things go wrong. Dickmanns certainly don't seem to care a toss!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

I used them last week, The car at Dickmanns was ok, but I was charged €96 to fill a small corsa, plus if you don't take insurance excess, I.e if you have your own insurance, as I did, they get annoyed and refuse to offer breakdown recovery service for the car. This has not ever happened to me before. Also, they refused to come out and check the car was ok when returned, so I worried I would not get deposit back, but luckily, I did.

I won't use them again as staff very unpleasant.

Peterborough...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

I Hired a car from Dickmanns Alicante on 13 April 2014, I only wanted a small car but they upgraded me to a larger Citroen for no extra charge (only the extortionate fuel charge for a tank of fuel 30% more that the forecourt price)) also had to leave a 400 credit card deposit.

I returned the car with half a tank of fuel (bonus for them) upon returning home checked my credit card statement to see that they had only refunded 300 euros. After contacting the Alicante office I was told to email their customer services who advised that the vehicle was missing insurance documents from the glove box. After numerous emails back and forth they refused to refund the 100 euros insisting that I had lost the documents. After researching review on the internet I find this is a common scam that Dickmanns uses.

Peterborough...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

I Hired a car from Dickmanns Alicante on 13 April 2014, I only wanted a small car but they upgraded me to a larger Citroen for no extra charge (only the extortionate fuel charge for a tank of fuel 30% more that the forecourt price)) also had to leave a 400 credit card deposit.

I returned the car with half a tank of fuel (bonus for them) upon returning home checked my credit card statement to see that they had only refunded 300 euros. After contacting the Alicante office I was told to email their customer services who advised that the vehicle was missing insurance documents from the glove box. After numerous emails back and forth they refused to refund the 100 euros insisting that I had lost the documents. After researching review on the internet I find this is a common scam that Dickmanns uses.

newport
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

Made a booking through argus. Got Dickmanns.

Seems to be they get their money back on damage scams which is why they can afford to do the rental at such a cheap price I guess.

Seriously considering cancelling (just £16 to cancel).

Any recommended companies at Alicante? To be honest, I'd rather pay more than have the hassle when I get home of getting my 400E back.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

We use http://www.opencar.es/ They are reasonable €552 for a 9 seater for 8 days which includes the fuel and extra insurance of €25 euro each and extra driver/s. They are sometimes battered a bit but they do not give a jot if you return it scratched and do not retain money from your card against damages which they can then keep saying you returned it with damage, you just return the vehicle with roughly the same amount of fuel as you collected it. They meet you on level 2 pick up area down stairs near the toilets at the far end with their minibus and take you to their lot, 2 minutes away, and this is where you return the car, and they take you to the airport for your return flight in their mini bus, driver very helpful and we email the licence details and passport details to save time then he has them ready printed out and just needs to check them before handing the keys over.

Below is the link to where they pick you up and their carpark lot.

https://maps.google.es/maps/ms…

Edited: 25 May 2014, 17:24
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

PS tho it says level 2 it may be minus 2, hope this link shows what to look for at the lifts as I had dropped the man down on the google map and walked round to find this area which looks familiar from last time we were there

https://maps.google.es/maps/ms…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport

Sorry tried it myself and it just shows the map but try to put the man down on the blue lines near the bus and it puts you in the airport and look st the lifts at the minus 2 level it says shuttle buses.

Reply to: dickmanns Car hire ALICANTE airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted