We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante airport hire car

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Alicante airport hire car

Hello,

We are going to Spain on 31st August for a week and want to book a hire car before hand so we can just pick it up when we arrive in the airport. Can anybody recommend a good, reputable company? I don't fully understand everything about the insurance but I would like to be as protected as possible and not be hit with mountains of cost if something goes wrong.

Thankyou for the help.

1. Re: Alicante airport hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 01:12
Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante airport hire car

We've been using Centauro for over 20 years from both Alicante and SJ without any problems. They will try and pressurize you into taking out the extra insurance, but we always buy an annual policy in this country which works out cheaper if you're hiring a car more than once over the year (£30 approx per year). If you don't take out the extra insurance they will ask for 300 euros deposit on your credit card, which is pretty normal practice, and charge you for a full tank of petrol (we were charged 75 euros for a WW Polo this week) and you return it empty. The cars always have hi viz jackets etc to comply with regulations.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 14:23
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante airport hire car

I agree that everyone will have their own tale to tell and like llamacalmer, if you visit Alicante regularly, once you find one you trust you will stick like glue. Our choice is drivalia.com.

Reasons:

1. Choice of fuel policies. Full/empty or full/full.

2. Pay on collection.

3. Reasonably priced top-up insurance with no obligation to buy. (If you wish you can just leave a credit card 'impression' for Euro 300 and assume the risk but personally I prefer the comfort of the full top-up insurance).

4. Off-airport collection just 5 minutes away with no long queues (certainly not when I have been anyway).

5. Clean. modern cars.

6. Friendly English-speaking staff (and one of the managers is an expat Brit).

Disclosure. I have got to know the team well over the years and I now do some freelance website work for them. For totally independent opinions just do a search for Drivalia reviews.

Have a great time in Alicante.

Regards Tony

4. Re: Alicante airport hire car

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 01:12
5. Re: Alicante airport hire car

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Alicante