We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Can anyone tell me how close the nearest bus stop is to the Hotel Maya on the airport route? My wife and I are trying to weigh up the possibility of using the bus as opposed to taking a taxi.

norfolk
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Not sure exactly where the hotel is but the airport bus stops at Marq, directly opposite the tram station.

This seems to be near to the hotel, I will check it out on the map tomorrow, just got home from holiday tonight and feeling a bit shattered.

Jean.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Thanks Jean.

norfolk
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Hi Alex, I looked online at the C6 map where it gives the stops, the hotel is shown on the map and doesn't seem too far away from the Marq stop, we were on the bus when it stopped at The Marq and it was directly opposite the tram station.

I would say that it is definitely an option and after having used the airport bus for the first time this last visit, it was very easy and cheap to use.

Jean.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Staying in Alicante over Christmas. Any information about what is open etc would be most welcome.

Don't want to be stuck in Hotel.

Please share any Knowledge.

Thank you

Bill

norfolk
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

I have never been over Christmas so not sure what it's like.

From reading on here the Spanish do not celebrate Christmas as we do, although I would imagine Christmas Day would be fairly quiet.

Castle Santa Barbara and the cathedral are worth a visit although not sure of opening times over Christmas.

I think there will be a nice atmosphere and as there are lots of bars and restaurants I am sure you will have a great time.

Jean.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

Thank you for this Jean. I found this link, which shows that the bus does indeed stop within a couple of hundred yards of the hotel.

aerobusalicante.es/index.php/…

norfolk
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

I just googled it and "walked " from the bus stop to hotel, it was not far so would definitely be an option.

Jean.

8. Re: Airport Bus to Hotel Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21