We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

castle

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
565 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
castle

Now that the train goes straight into Alicante, where do I go from there to get the lift up to the. Castle

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
norfolk
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: castle

I think your best bet would be to get off at the Mercado stop (penultimate stop) head down towards the seafront (tram stop behind you) and turn left, if you walk along the promenade go over the walkway across the road, turn left and the entrance is on your right, if you walk along the road it's a short way on your left, you can cut through the old town and shorten the route a bit but it is a warren of streets and quite confusing, although if you are up for it a very interesting area.

There is a tram stop at The Marq which is the other side of the castle and I think where you can walk up but as I have never felt the urge to walk up I don't know if you can access the lifts via a road through to the other side.

It seems a bit long-winded but it is not that far and quite easy, if you want to know anything else I am happy to help.

Jean

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: castle

Thank you for your answer Jean.x

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
565 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: castle

Went to the castle today,followed your advice it was spot on.....Thanks again.

norfolk
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: castle

Glad you found it okay, it is quite impressive to experience, to walk down the tunnel and you are walking into the mountain is strange, there is not an awful lot up there but the views are quite inspiring .

Jean.

5. Re: castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:17