We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

Which Colva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
AufReisen
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

We are planing a trip to Goa and would like to stay in Colva for a couple of months in a self catered holiday apartment. It is not easy to find the right place and get more information. Maybe you know more about

Where in Colva can we buy a WiFi Stick? Do you have any experience on costs, speed etc.

Accomodation: We are looking for a affordable apartment with A/C, not more than 1 km away from the beach which is clean, well maintaned and good to live there for four months.

We plan our trip for Nov 2012 - Feb. 2013. If you need information within that time we can of course check some places out for you!

Fylde Coast...
Level Contributor
300 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

As far as I know there's not much wifi about in Colva, especially in rental apartments. What you want is a USB modem with a sim card - usually about Rs2,500 - the best choice will be available in Margao as all the major mobile companies have offices there: airtel, idea, tata, reliance etc etc.

As for a rental apartment, if you plan to stay 4 months your best bet is to book a hotel for the first few nights & look around for somewhere suitable to rent.

I quite like Colva but there are nicer places to stay such as Betalbatim, Majorda & Benaulim.

A.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

I use a Tata Photon datastick when I am in Goa and have had no problems but I believe that reception can be an issue so check before you buy.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

There's a good shop that I can't remember the name of on the road to Betalbatim, just past the liquor store on the right hand side. They sell all sorts of dongles/cards, do photos, photocopies, everything. If my memory ever retrieves the name of it, I'll let you know! I'd do as Andy says and book a hotel for a couple of nights and ask around. In November there should be a reasonable choice of places, but as he says, Colva's not exactly the prettiest of places to end up. I'm not sure I'd want to spend four months there!

Dagenham, ESSEX
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

There's a mobile shop in Colva just ask a cab driver. Thet sell sim cards and modems.

wembly
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

I have been staying at Colva Holiday Homes for the past 4yrs. It is a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartment is clean & haswifi with high speed broadband. E-mail: HOLIDAYAPARTMENTSINGOA@GMAIL.COM

6. Re: Holiday Home and Internet Stick for Colva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Colva
Recent Conversations