We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

Jeju, South Korea
4 posts
Save Topic
Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

Hello all

We are going to stay at "Cherrys Home too" near located Alona beach.

Is there a jeepney from BQ mall to Alona beach, from Alona beach to BQ mall

Or from Island City Mall to alona beach, from Alona beach to Island City Mall?

How much is it in one way per person?

And What's the last departure time in the evening from BQ mall or Island City Mall to Alona beach?

Thank you in advance.

Edited: 24 December 2013, 06:14
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

From what I know is there is no jeep between these two places.

You have to ride a trike.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

I have not ever travelled by jeepney on Bohol.

But there are jeepnies operating near Alona Beach. So, I imagine it is possible to get from Alona Beach to BQ Mall. However, there is not necessarily a direct jeepney. You may have to change jeepnies some where.

In any case, it is something you can work out when you get there. The people I would ask are the staff at Chery's Home who are likely to know exactly how it is done.

Then afterward, you can report back here.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

Is there a jeepney from BQ or ICM mall to Alona Beach?

Not from BQ but nearby - been a long time since I took that jeepney. Take a Tricycle and tell the driver you want the jeepney to Alona Beach. Check the price first - maybe P10 each for the tricycle (Feb2014). I usually tip P5 on top of the asked price if the trip was OK.

Or from Alona Beach to Island City Mall? The jeepneys run along the main road through Alona, maybe every hour, and then into Tagbilaran. They are almost always very crowded. Ask at your resort or at the tourist office.

How much is it in one way per person? Not a lot of money but the jeepneys are very crowded.

And What's the last departure time in the evening from BQ mall or Island City Mall to Alona beach? Not a good idea to catch public transport after dark in the Philippines.

I've seen a van at Cherry's Home 2 with their logo arriving there with what looks like guests. I would expect that if you contacted them about your travel needs they will likely come and pick you up. Try to get the driver's name and cell phone number when making arrangements and do give a few day's notice.

Having a cell phone in the Philippines is highly desirable and remarkably cheap. Pick one up as soon as you can. I've found that Globe works tolerably well at Alona Beach.

The standard way of travelling from Tagbilaran to Alona Beach is by hire car from the Airport or wharf. Expect to pay P800+.

It's also possible by tricycle but it is slower and really only suitable for two smaller persons without much luggage. Keep in mind that when you arrive you'll likely be tired so another slow tiring trip is not going to make your day.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

Yes the jeepney only run about every hour. Taxi from BQ to Alona would be about Php400 which is double the meter rate.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

@ Polly

Yes - there are jeeps, but they are erratic and cater mostly to locals who cannot afford a trike.

The best way is to take a trike for this trip - it is not expensive - 150 pesos at the most.

Tagbilaran City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

There is a jeepney not far BQ for 25 pesos.I s just in front mac donalds and BQ mall...like 2 blocks away and right hand..ask locals...jeepneys and local bus goes more or less every 45 minutes or one hour....after 6 pm ...start thinking trycycle option..between 150and 250 pesos

Edited: 12 April 2014, 12:07
7. Re: Jeepney from BQ mall to alona beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2016, 04:18