We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Clubs Near Chuo

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Night Clubs Near Chuo

I am Staying in the Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel in Chuo...... I want to enjoy its close proximity to Tsukiji market, but I have reached a dilemma. All the night clubs I have googled are always 45-50 minutes away by train. I don't mind using public transportation but if there is anything near that is worth going to.. I would gladly appreciate the suggestion.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

Nope, in this case I guess you chose to prioritize Tsukiji instead of nightlife. Since you are asking for CLUBS instead of BARS (there are bars in the Ginza area but night clubs are slim pickins), your best bet is nearby Roppongi. You can also do as the Japanese do and take a late train into Shibuya, stay up all night, and wait for first train in the morning to get you back. Or else pony up for a cab ride.

Edit: your hotel is not a far walk from Shinbashi station, just walk there and take the Yamanote to Shibuya, that will cut your 45 minutes down to approx. 20 minutes.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 19:57
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

Or of course Ginza line to Shibuya, don't know where you got 45 minutes from.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,080 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

>>>All the night clubs I have googled are always 45-50 minutes away by train.<<<

That doesn't sound right. Shibuya, Roppongi and Azabu where the majority of night clubs are located are all within 20 minutes by subway from Ginza.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,080 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

Note that subways don't run after midnight. So you'll most likely have to take a taxi back to your hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

in Tokyo, each generation has their own downtown

teens and early twenties : Harajuku, Shibuya

twenties and early thirties : Shinjuku

forties and fifties : Ginza, Shinbashi

foreginers : Roppongi

it matters how old you are.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

To Nao, I am 26

To everyone else, I can do bars too and the timing I am basing it on the commute time google provides.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

What is the age group of the foreigners at Roppongi?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

@JillD_10 there are upscale bars that draw people in their 20s and 30s, and there are rowdy bars that attract people in their 20s.

9. Re: Night Clubs Near Chuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20