We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meguro

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Meguro

Could anyone please give me some advise. We have a 4 night pre cruise stay in Meguro staying at the wing international hotel. We need to get from Henada airport to the hotel. Then from the hotel to the docks looking at the maps it seems a bit daunting. Would love some help please

11 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meguro

HND to hotel: Take the Keikyu Line train to Shinagawa and transfer to the JR Yamanote Line to Meguro. Since you're going to be in Tokyo for 4 days, I strongly recommend getting an IC card on arrival. Get the Pasmo at HND Keikyu station from a vending machine. You'll need cash. If you do this, you don't have to buy a ticket every time you ride/transfer trains.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

Which cruise terminal? Harumi, Tokyo or Osanbashi, Yokohama?

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meguro

Thank you the port is Osanbashi Yokohama

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meguro

Does the cruise line offer any luggage service? Taking a lot of luggage on a local train is not fun. Transfers compound it.

One crazy option that is a bit time consuming but less stressful perhaps. Store as much luggage as possible at haneda. On departure day, take train to Haneda, pick up you luggage, take a bus to YCAT - http://www.ycat.co.jp/en/haneda.html - and then taxi to the pier.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meguro

Thank you

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meguro

That is a crazy idea, Mike. I wouldn't do that. Why not send your luggage from HND to the cruise terminal?

Go to a luggage forwarding service center at HND and send it. The service counter staff will help you with filling up the form--Make sure to include your ship's name and departure date.

www.tokyo-airport-bldg.co.jp/en/tenant/…

From Meguro to Osanbashi: Take the Yamanote Line to Shinagawa, transfer to the Tokaido Line to Yokohama, then change to Tokyu Minato-Mirai Line to Nihonodori. The cruise ship terminal is 3-4 minutes on foot.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meguro

One more thing. The Pasmo card I recommended in #1 post can be returned for the 500yen deposit at Nihonodori station. If you get a Suica, however, it has to be returned at a JR station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meguro

Thank you so much feel better for having the exact route's thank you again

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meguro

Yes, I said it was crazy. But I couldn't find anything useful on the pier website for luggage delivery.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meguro

Thank you how much do you think we need to put on Pasmo card sorry to be a pain

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meguro

Thank you for your fantastic info we have just got home. Had a fantastic time the Japenise people are the loveliest nation we have ever met thank you

Reply to: Meguro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Meguro
Recent Conversations
More Meguro Topics