We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

Mexico
2 posts
Save Topic
Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

I need to send 2 oversized suitcases from Tokyo to the US before travelling through Asia, can anyone recommend me some companies? Has anyone used Excess Baggage Company?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,935 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

http://fedex.com/

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

It depends on how much you want to pay. If you don't mind the 2 - 3 month shipping time, sending by cargo ship is the cheapest way.

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

I found that shipping fedex was the most expensive. Using the local post office was much cheaper.

Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

has anyone tried excess bagagge company?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

No to the above question. All I can say is the local post like all things in Japan is extremely efficient.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

I would use the post office but be ready to pay significantly if you need it shipped by air. Surface shipping (boat) is much cheaper.

7. Re: Shipping luggage from Tokyo to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 05:17