We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, What is the Tokyo Metro Pass?

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Help, What is the Tokyo Metro Pass?

Hi Subway experts. Can you please tell me about the Keisei SkyLiner, 2 days unlimited rides TOKYO METRO PASS that can be purchased with the Skyliner ticket from Narita for only 2480 yen? Is this another name for Pasmo ? Or is it an entirely different card ?

How does the 2 day Metro Pass work ? Do the 2 day unlimited ride gets activated when I start using it ? Or does it get activated on the day of purchase ? Does it cover all rides in the Tokyo subway system like the Suica & Pasmo ? For the first 2 days of my stay in Japan , I will be out of town so I do not need a Tokyo subway rides. However from day 3-5, I will be going all over checking interesting places in Tokyo city. Many thanks

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, What is the Tokyo Metro Pass?

Tokyo Metro pass covers 9 lines of the Tokyo Metro System (TOkyo subway has 13 subway lines operated by two companies).

Tokyo Metro is one train company that operates in Tokyo. Tokyo has many train companies, JR, Toei, Tokyo Metro are the major ones.

The pass IS NOT like the Suica or Pasmo which allow you to ride virtually all trains. Suica and Pasmo however are not passes, suica and passmo are prepaid cards that take money each time you use them. The Tokyo Metro pass allows you to ride Tokyo Metro ttrains only unlimited.

It depends on your itinerary and where you want to travel.

2. Re: Help, What is the Tokyo Metro Pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 06:21