We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita Limo Bus

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Narita Limo Bus

Just looking at the time table for the limo bus from Narita to our hotel - Century Southern Tower Hotel.

It looks to me like the bus doesn't start until 2pm. Is that right? Or am I just looking at the PM time table?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita Limo Bus

Unless you are alone and would be carrying more than 3-4 luggage, I recommed taking the JR Narita Express to Shinjuku. If you get out of the Southern Terrace Gate at the south-western end of the N'EX platform, your hotel is less than 100 meters from there.

Get a N'EX plus SUICA package, and you'd be saving money and probably time. N'EX is a more comfortable way to travel.

Edited: 12 June 2012, 05:23
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita Limo Bus

As for the schedule, yes the bus that goes to CST starts from 14:15 from T2, stopping at T1 South Wing and North Wing, before arriving at 16:13 at Hotel CST in Shinjuku. You'd arrive at least 30 minutes earlier by traveling on JR N'EX and it will save you money.

limousinebus.co.jp/platform_searches/…16

Edited: 12 June 2012, 05:29
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,484 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita Limo Bus

Yobeekool is referring to - http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/

Use Suica for subway travel in Tokyo.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita Limo Bus

What time does you flight arrive?

It seems Limo Bus schedule only provides morning services to the high-end hotels in Shinjuku.

The NEX will be faster, fun & quite convenient to your hotel as it's only a few minutes walk.

Once you arrive at Shinjuku just follow the signs to the Southern Terrace Exit it should be easy to find your hotel there.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,481 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narita Limo Bus

The NEX is a good option, but if you want to take the bus, you can take it to Shinjuku Station West Exit. The CST is a 5-6 minutes from there:

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…212

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,481 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narita Limo Bus

One more thing, since you're arriving in the morning, traffic shouldn't be bad.

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narita Limo Bus

Our flight arrives at 6:30am. So I'm thinking the suicaNEX would work best

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Narita Limo Bus

The NEX platforms aren't all that far from the Southern Terrace exit to your hotel so it looks like this will work well.

At Narita Airport after your quick & efficient clearing of immigration, customs,etc. look for the NEX signs & follow them down the escalators to the basement B1. You'll see the JR counters there.

At your hotel, it'll be too early to check-in, you'll be able to leave your luggage there but do you have other things planned for the day?

Edited: 14 June 2012, 15:25
Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Narita Limo Bus

I think we're planning on taking it easy and mainly getting our bearings. Is the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden walking distance from our hotel?

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Narita Limo Bus

It's a bit of a walk but doable... personally I'd use shinjuku-gyoen-mae subway station.

Most of the time in Tokyo using the subway is the best way to navigate between places because although places look close on a map, above ground things can get very confusing ( streets are not laid out nicely in grid patterns & some expressways are impassable on foot) Welcome to Tokyo! This is why maps are crucial in Japan (but if you're up for a walking adventure try it.)

Honestly, coming from Australia, Shinjuku gyoen is not somewhere I'd rush to as it's a western style park & when it was laid out this was a novelty in Japan so you may not be overly impressed by it's uniqueness - broad expanse of lawns, etc. It's more of a Tokyoite's chance to see something green.

I think Meiji Jingu Shrine is much more interesting, walk the forest path to the shrine & it's only 1 minute from JR Harajuku station or Meiji Jingu Mae Station by subway.

But I imagine you'll be very tired after a night flight - Shinjuku can be overwhelming with noise, people & buildings. You could simply head to a dept store for a look around, go and have lunch on the upper restaurant floors or relax in a coffee shop . It's normal to sit for ages resting in a coffee shop, after ordering one drink, nobody will try to move you on - be aware that smoking is still OK in cafes in the designated areas & some are very smokey indeed.

Tocho - Tokyo Government's twin tower buildings are not very far from your hotel & have free observation floors 45F + cafe. And you'll see how huge the Tokyo metropolis is. On the ground floor of Tower 1 there's the Tourist Info Centre with handy maps, etc.Might be an interesting easy first destination within walking distance - because it's a recently redeveloped area the streets here are roughly in a grid pattern so it's harder to get lost - 10 min walk.