We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

Hi. Heading to Tokyo for the first time and we are staying at the Sunroute Plaza. I have heard there is a government building nearby that has good food at reasonable prices that is recommended for lunches. I can't seem to find it in any of the forums though. If someone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

Suggestions for a Hakata Ippudo ramen shop in Shinjuku appreciated!

WA
Level Contributor
382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

As someone who doesn't eat beef or pork, is a place like Menya Musashi worthwhile? I am ok with pork being in the broth but don't eat pork/beef meat. I eat poultry and seafood. With that in mind is it easy to order using the ordering machine, are the pictures clear enough that I know what kind of meat it is?

B L
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

Travel blog: http://tallglassofwander.com

Has several posts about where to eat/stay in Tokyo

San Diego...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

From Ippudo's website:

http://www.ippudo.com/store/#kanto

〒 169-0051

Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, 2-15-7 Nishi-Waseda

They also have branches in Shibuya, Marounochi, Ueno, Roppongi, etc (see the link I posted). Hope it helps!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

"The basement of of Odakyu Mall in Shinjuku station, there are soooooo much food to choose from."

like to ask, I hear that for mostly food court , is it at 7pm there will be 20%discount follow by 50% toward the closing?

Thanks

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,211 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

The hours when they start selling at discount depends, but yes they do discount before closure (and some things can sell out quickly).

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,837 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

@GeekExplorer: Ramen often has a piece or two of sliced pork as toppings. As long as you don't mind the pork infused broth, you can either get ones with no sliced pork, or just cast the pork aside when it's swimming in your bowl. I don't know if Menya Musashi still has the long line like it did years ago. However, I didn't find it particularly tasty.

@Teddy: There are several Ippudo ramen locations in HK as well with good quality so if you fancy a bowl of ramen in HK during your next trip, you could have one here too.

@buzzmario: Remember such department food courts are really supermarkets. Anything you buy aren't meant for immediate consumption. There are no chairs or tables. You have to take it elsewhere (back to your hotel in all likelihood) to enjoy.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,139 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

>> Anything you buy aren't meant for immediate consumption.

The stores are putting up signs in certain foreign language advising people NOT to consume the food there.

WA
Level Contributor
382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

Thanks sammyfloyd. Any recos for ramen in tourist areas that you like?

30. Re: Places to eat near Shinjuku, Tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 06:19