We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

s
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

I'll be arriving late in Haneda Airport (midnight). How should i travel to Shinjuku and how much will it cost?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=525&geo=294232&q=haneda+shinjuku+night&returnTo=__2F__

s
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

I got a bit confused with the information. If i missed the last limousine bus. how much would it cost to take a taxi to shinjuku area?

thanks!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=haneda+shinjuku+night+taxi&returnTo=__2F__

Edited: 19 January 2013, 09:24
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,331 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

A taxi would be prohibitively expensive for most people. The last night bus to central Tokyo leaves HND for Shinagawa at 0:40 where you can then transfer to a taxi.

You are better off staying at a hotel at or near the airport. It makes more sense economically.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

I keep reading about the fixed taxi fare of $8000yen. Do I just grab any taxi outside the terminal or must I make reservation ahead of time?

Nearby HND hotel airports are also $100-$300 just like in Tokyo anyway. You then wake up early to take the cheaper ride option into the city, but then don't have a hotel room to unpack/reorient cause you can't checkin til after 3pm. Do you wait around the the checkin area the whole day til they give you a room? Do they store your luggage so you can explore til you get a room before dinner time? Does it make sense economically to to stay near the airport to save $70 on taxi to lose practically a whole vacation day in Tokyo?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,331 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

I can't see how you would lose a whole vacation day just by staying near the airport for the first night due to late arrival. The next morning, you can take an early train into Tokyo (trains start running by 5 to 5:30am on most lines) proper so you can drop your bags off at your central Tokyo hotel very early. Just about any proper hotel would be happy to store your bags until check-in. You then go out to explore the city. You can come back any time after check-in starts to get your room. Therefore, you actually don't end up losing any time at all.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

Cool. Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

Hi All .....

This is my 1st post on Tripadvisor....did some research but still hope to get some advice on my travel route for my trip to Toyko- Shinjuku in end march from all of you here.... Can any expert help me with my questions pls??

- Arriving at Haneda Airport at 2040 (29 Mar)

- Booked Hotel Plaza Sunroute Shinjuku for 4 nights

- Departing from Haneda Airport at 2340 (2 Mar)

My questions are:-

1) I'm not confident of taking the Train from the airport hence have booked a hotel where the limo bus stops. However, the limo bus schedule from Haneda to Plaza Sunroute Shinjuku seems limited (Haneda-Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, 20:50 - which I don't think im able to make it. The last one at 22:35. which is about 2 hours wait upon arrival). Is my information correct ?(gathered from Limo bus website)?

2) If i were to take the limo bus and alight at Shinjuku Station West Exit, (timing of the limo bus is more frequent), will it be difficult to find the hotel from the alight point? Will it be a long walk? Approximately?

3) Booked Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku inview of its close proximity to Shopping areas and shinjuku station (and within budget). Is the hotel really convenient?

4) Have also considered Shinjuku Washington Hotel (the most affordable option for Hotel) but read some reviews indicating that the walk from Shinjuku station to the hotel is kind of far? Would anyone be able to provide some recommendation on this and if it is indeed the case?

5) Lastly, on my departure date. Based on the limo bus timing from Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku to Haneda, the last bus is 17:35. Is my infor gathered correct? Seems abit early for me to reach Haneda airport by 18:50 as my flight is near midnight. Any advice from any expert? The frequency at Shinjuku Station West Exit is higher but Im worried if the location is too far to walk over (given the lugguage size after a 10 days stay in japan).

Hope to get some advice on my questions...

And I so looking forward to be in Japan!!!

Cheers,

Seacreature

s
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

hi Seacreature, on the limousine bus transfer to/fro airport (Questions 1, 4), you can get the information from this website: limousinebus.co.jp/en/…17

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,331 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku

Seacreature: as your post isn't entirely related to the original, it's best to start your own thread next time to generate responses that cater to your needs. It's also good forum etiquette as well to keep things organized.

Now, onto your questions:

1/2. Limobus to Sunroute Plaza is probably not something you can use since you would have missed the 20:50 bus while the next one doesn't go until 22:35. You can take the Limobus to Shinjuku station's west exit instead. From the west exit, it's an easy walk crossing the main road to the south down the side street to your hotel. The entire walk takes around 3 minutes.

3. Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is one of the two most conveniently located hotels at Shinjuku along with Century Southern Tower just across the street. It has trains and subway lines almost just out-the-door. Use Century Southern Tower's street entrance to take the elevator to Terrace Level for access to Takashimaya department store.

4. Yes, Washington is significantly further away, probably just a shade under 15 minutes to the station. This might not sound like a lot but at the end of a long sightseeing day, it's quite a walk unless you want to take a taxi.

5. 17:35 is indeed the last bus direct from the hotel. If you are mobile and your luggage have wheels, it's really not difficult to take your bags to the west exit to catch the bus there. You can judge this upon arrival as the departure point of the bus is just across the street from where you will get off the bus on your first day.