We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Cebu City, Cebu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Hi!. My family and I are planning to go to Tokyo next April. We will be staying in the Shinjuku district for 4 nights and then will be transferring to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel for a 2 night stay. I would like to ask anybody out there what mode of transportation should we use, subway or railway and which one? My husband and I together with 2 children, 14 and 13 will be traveling with 3 luggages plus hand carried bags. What is the best way to travel with out much hassle?

Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Hi there,

Catch the JR line train from Shinjuku to Tokyo station. The JR line goes in a loop so you can't really go wrong! It looks daunting at first but if you ask someone they will be able to help you. We caught the train with giant bags and lots of luggage with no worries. Then at Tokyo station change to the JR Keiyo line and get off at Maihama. From there it's an easy walk to the Disney Resort Line (monorail) which stops literally right outside the Hilton. We just stayed there this week! It's really easy to do and the train network is fantastic with great signage. Just know what line you need to be on and you're all good. There are signs everywhere!

Good luck!

Yokohama
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

alternative way is take bus from Shinjuku (bus staion is close to Yoyogi station which is next to Shinjuku though) to Disneyland then take monorail.

You don't need to transfer at Tokyo station with luggages.

tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/…index.html

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

If doing this by train, remember not to try this between 7am and 9.30/10am. With Suitcases etc it will be a nightmare for you and those around you.

Cebu City, Cebu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Thanks everybody! I will consider everything you guys have suggested. My problem seems more on the transportation system which really quite daunting...hope we will really be ok, thanks.

Cebu City, Cebu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Thank you. Does the bus to Disneyland have space for our luggages? We will be bringing along 3 big ones.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Yes, the bus has luggage space.

By the way, if you stay at Keio Plaza Hotel Shinjyuku, you can use free shuttle to desneyland.

tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/…goodn.html

Cebu City, Cebu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

Thank you Hirano. We are staying a Kadoya Hotel which is very near Shinjuku Station. So, I guess either riding a train or bus would not be a big problem then. I tried looking at the schedule and length of time in traveling, bus seem to take a little bit longer tho. Is traffic situation a factor to be taken in too during mornings around 8:30- to 9? I think this is a busy time too.

8. Re: How to transfer from Shinjuku to Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:18