We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Topic
Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Any recommendation what's the nearest hotel to Shinjuku station? I was supposed to book Kadoya hotel but rooms were fully booked at agoda =(. Or any recommended Japan local booking site that I can check, maybe with them I can still get a room.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,774 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Central Hotel (very small rooms, budget business hotel, around 12,000 Yen for a double)

Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku (mid-tier business hotel, reasonable room size, around 15,000 to 17,000 Yen)

Century Southern Tower (nice business hotel with view, good sized room, 17,000 to 21,000 Yen)

Ibis (reasonable rooms size, budget business hotel, around 15,000 Yen)

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

without any dates, I can't help you look for rooms at Kadoya. And why book thru Agoda when one can go with various Japanese sites with no credit card guarantee required?

I assume you at least checked the hotel's own website.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

I need to book on Nov 20. I don't know the Japanese sites that's why I also asked =). And the reason why I opt to get from Agoda is because it's cheaper. The twin economy in agoda was only Y10,000 while in Kadoya its Y14,000.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,774 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples using third party sites vs Kadoya's own site. Agoda's rate does not include tax or service charge, which adds another 15% to the rate. Using Kadoya's own site, the 15% is included already.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Yup, I already included the 15% of agoda and it is still cheaper. But then again, there's no more rooms available from their site, so hoping to get other booking sites that might offer lower rates.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

I would recommend Shinjuku Prince, Best Western or Century Southern Hotel.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,906 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

How about choosing hotels near Yotsuya, Takadanobaba, Meijo, Harajuku, Meguro, Ikebukuro or Gotanda?

There is a bit surprising tendency of tourists choosing Shinjuku, when apparently their intention is not to wander around in Kabukicho after the trains died out at 01:00 and before the first trains around 04:45. JR Yamanote line runs per 2-5 minutes daytime. Why the need of staying in Shinjuku?

Edited: 30 October 2013, 10:38
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

Economy twin rooms are sold out for that day. There are only very few economy twins. For a double occupancy room @10000yen you have to go a bit further away from Shinjuku Station, such as Sunlite, Toyoko Inn, ViaInn, Sunroute Higashi, Villa Fontaine (quite nice with free breakfast and ensuite Japanese style bathroom)

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shinjuku station: Nearest hotel

I have to stay close to Shinjuku since the bus stop of Willer will stop and depart at Shinjuku Sumitomo building.. I might not be able to wak with my luggages if I need to go through stairs, but at least the taxi ride will be a bit cheaper.

I'm looking at Kadoya and Ibis as both have good reviews. Which is better in terms of

1. location - close to Shinjuku staion entrance and exit, and Sumitomo building

2. comfort - better rooms?

3. convenience - which is nearer the restaurants and shopping centers

Thanks for patientlyanswering my questions =)