We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

We have 3 full size luggage with 2 young kids and will be stay at Sunroute Plaza.

We were considering taking the NEX and arriving at Shinjuku station as the journey is shorter than limousine bus.

But reading from the forum, seem that there is only a single escalator going up or down at different time of the day and there is also a new exit to reach Sunroute plaza .

Due to the heavy luggage, we try to gather all the route without pushing it around and get lost in the station.

Can anyone visiting the station guide us on the direction?

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Hi! I've booked myself at the Sunroute Plaza too, but unfortunately, my plane lands at Haneda Airport at about 6am. After taking a look at the limobus schedule, I'll most probably have to alight at Shinjuku station. Any advice on how to get to the hotel pls? Thanks a lot!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,883 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

From HND, take Keikyu train to Shinagawa, transfer to JR Yamanote Line to Shinjuku.

Once you get to Shinjuku, use the south exit to get out of the station. You will see a main road in front of you. Cross the street to the Southern Terrace side, turn right, walk about a minute, turn left on the first proper street you see (you will see a McDonald's). Walk down the street for maybe another 2 minutes, and your hotel will be on your right.

Something like this:

http://goo.gl/maps/Vx0EQ

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Thanks Sammyfloyd! The map is very useful.

Does it mean therefore that I should take the train to Shinjuku station, instead of waiting to take the limobus in Shinjuku station?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

From HND to Shinjuku, I always take the bus--it's so much easier and you won't get stuck in traffic that early in the morning. The bus stop to the Sunroute is about 5 minutes.

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Great! Thanks so much! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Hi.. Yes they do have toilet in the bus...

New York
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Take the bus. We are staying at this hotel now with 3 luggages too. We got lost with the train and then the stairs, it was a pain. PS there is no closet solace, but the location is good.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

Leaving for narita airport this afternnon. Which is the fastest way to reach the nartia express platform at shinjuku station? South exit, or south terrace or new south exit?

The ticket machine for Limited express only show the fare of 2910. How to chose to buy the single trip fare with the limited express train fare. The total should be 3110 right? I have a Sucia card.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

The Southern Terrace entrance is now renovated and there is no difference using the New South or Southern Terrace when taking the NEX. It's super easy. Just go in the ticket gate and down the escalator to platform 5. It's a bit of a walk from South entrance.

Even if you have a Suica, you need to get a reserved seat at the ticket office or from an express train vending machine as the NEX is a reserved seats only train.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,769 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Shinjuku station exit to Sunroute Plaza

>>>The total should be 3110 right?>>>

The fare is 200yen cheaper off season and 200yen more in the peak season.