We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

lancashire
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

Hi,

Myself and my teenage son are staying at the hotel listel shinjuku in December. We are interested in getting the limousine bus as it seems the cheapest and

Less hassle with lots of luggage to carry. Does the bus just stop at shinjuku station or does it go to the hotel? If not how far is it to walk to the hotel from the station and also how much would a taxi be?

Thanks

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,163 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

I think you should just take the JR N'EX from the airport station to Shinjuku then take the taxi from the East Exit. (around 1,000 yen or less but not within walking distance with luggage). The best option considering speed, money, and easiness.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 15:01
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,163 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

Justifications: JR N'EX and Limo Bus prices don't differ much whereas N'EX is more comfortable and faster with dedicated spaces for luggage in each train carriage. Getting out of Shinjuku Station and taking a taxi from taxi stand is not a pain at all. Bus stops at Shinjuku Station before going to hotels in the western area of Shinjuku, whereas your hotel is at the eastern end of Shinjuku-5 chome.

Show this address to the taxi driver (no need to tip, just pay by the built-in meter. Taxis in Japan are reliable as the official black London cab):

ホテルリステル新宿

〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿5−3−20

listel.co.jp

03-3350-0123

Edited: 04 May 2014, 15:06
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,954 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

IMO, you should reconsider your hotel.

The only advantage is it is located in (the end of) Shinjuku area. It is far from railway stations, the room is tiny. The hotel can be recommended only for poor Shinjuku enthusiasts.

lancashire
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

Thanks for all your replies. Does the n,ex train get very crowded? I'm just concerned about getting on amd off with my luggage amd keeping my eye on my son at the same time. As for the hotel I don't think I can change it with my travel agent without incurring costs. Thanks for the hotel address written in japamese, it's a great help!

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,856 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

How old is your son? If he's small and you need to keep and eye on him all the time, just take the limobus to Shinjuku Station and take a taxi from there. NEX stops at a station only a minute or so and many passengers get off at Shinjuku, so you don't have much time to deal with your luggage and son.

Next time you take a trip, use a different travel agent. S/he didn't do you much good booking you at the Listel.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,185 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

NEX is all reserved seating with dedicated storage space for luggage. It won't be crowded. Shinjuku Station itself will be crowded.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,097 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

I don't think you will have a problem taking NEX. While the train only stops for a couple of minutes, the announcement will tell you in advance when the train is approaching the station so you can get ready. As your son is a teenager, he should have no problem handling himself and even helping you out.

Remember to get the NEX Direct Ticket to save money. It saves you about 1,600 Yen vs the bus fare.

www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

Edited: 05 May 2014, 04:27
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,856 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

Oh, dear. I missed "my teen age son" part and thought he might be a toddler because the op said, " I'm just concerned about getting on amd off with my luggage amd keeping my eye on my son at the same time," that's the reason I recommended the limobus.

With a teen age son, you shouldn't have any issues taking the NEX at all.

lancashire
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

He's quite handy for carrying luggage but I was worried about the crowds and getting separated. How is the crowd situation at shinjuku for getting on the return train to narita? Our flight lands at 7.30 pm which is late considering the last times for the train and limo bus to shinjuku. Hope there's no flight delays!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,185 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limousine bus to listel hotel shinjuku

Shinjuku is the busiest train station in the world. Yet it is well marked with signs in English and you will have no issues getting to the NEX platform for the return trip. Just give yourself enough time and you'll do fine.