We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Ho Chi Minh City...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Hi, I am wondering what is the best way to get to Toshima-ku from Narita Airport?

I have only one luggage and one backpack

I don't mind how long it takes, just looking for means of transport at lower price. NEX seems to be the most expensive one, right?

And how much will I be charged for the belongings with the recommended transport.

Thanks a lot.

16 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Hi, Xin Chao!

First of all, I MUST ask you where you*re going in Toshima-ku. Around The Ikebukuro Area?

Alright, I*m going to tell you the cheapest way of getting to Ikebukuro from Narita now.

At Narita, take the limited express on The Keisei Line to Keisei Ueno Station (80mins / 1,000 yen). When you get to Keisei Ueno Station, you just walk 5mins to JR Ueno Station where you can hop on The Yamanote Line to Ikebukuro (16mins / 160yen)

Hope this info will help you out!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Please specify the train station you want to arrive at.

Ho Chi Minh City...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Hi all,

Thank you for your advice.

Yeah I want to get to Ikebukuro Station.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Keisei LTD Exp transferring at Nippori is the cheapest way. www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/

Cheap and Convenient is http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Không Có Chi!

Getting to Ikebukuro Station from Narita Airport through Nippori Station is actually THE QUICKEST WAY, though the fares are exactly the same as through Keisei Ueno Station above-mentioned. You can save about half an hour through Nippori Station, though.

Have fun!

Edited: 01 May 2013, 09:32
Ho Chi Minh City...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Yep, I just checked it and thanks again for your advice ^_^. The fare will be around 2560 yen. I'll try that.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

There are several different trains that run on the Keisei Line between Narita Airport and Nippori (for Ikebukuro). The cheapest way is as mentioned, Keisei Ltd Exp via Keisei Main Line (not Skyliner), which is 1,000 yen. A faster way taking a new route but still on a commuter train is Access Ltd Exp, 1,200 yen. The fastest and most comfortable train is Keisei Skyliner, 2,400 yen (39-42 min).

Nippori to Ikebukuro is 160 yen by JR Yamanote Line, 13 min.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

The fare is actually 1,160 yen each way if you go this way. I don*t know what time you arrive in Narita, but The Limited Express runs every 20mins from 10am to 9:30pm on weekdays and from 9am and 9:30pm on weekends and holidays, roughly speaking. Get off at Nippori Station, just one stop before Keisei Ueno Station where The Limited Express terminates, and then change to The Yamanote Line to Ikebukuro.

BTW, I*m actually staying in Kon Tum now and coming down to SGN in 2 weeks to see my local friends! Hope you have a good time in Japan!

Tạm biệt!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,582 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

http://www.hyperdia.com - for train routing options and fares throughout Japan.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport

Dear Dave, I've listed the options as Helen L was asking for the lower price, and then she cited 2560 yen (which isn't the lowest, as you know). I Just wanted to remind and help the person who must have misunderstood the Hyperdia results.

Edited: 01 May 2013, 12:47
Reply to: Best way to get to Toshima-ku from NaritaAirport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Toshima