We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
69 reviews
How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

I am hoping that someone can help us to find the best way how to get to the Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport. We are a group of 8 people (60-75 years old) and we arrive to Haneda from Canada at 15:35. It is a long flight and we would like to find a way to get to our hotel as efficiently as possible.

There is so much information online, but unfortunately, some information is really confusing and our group has different opinions on what transportation to use: train, two regular taxi, jumbo-taxi, or bus?

We found some notes that 'did not help' to make up our mind:

- Train station in Asakusa which we need to use to get to the hotel does not have elevators, so we have to take care of our luggage;

- Airport website says there is a 'direct' train, but then we see 'change train lines';

- Does a regular taxi allow only 2 medium suitcases in their trunk if they still take 4 passengers? What are people doing with the rest of the luggage? Each adult usually has 1 medium suitcase and 1 carryon (we are planning to travel for 3 weeks).

We really need an insider's help!

Million thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

The most direct way is to catch Keikyu line train from Haneda for the direction of Shinagawa, which in most cases then continues on Toei subway Asakusa line, which gets you straight to Asakusa. Allow about an hour.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
105 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Jaoanee taxis are small and the luggage may not fit to carry 4 people at one car. If everyone in your group can walk 10min with the luggage (actually, 6 min Google Map says), you can take the train from Haneda airport. The Keikyu train from Haneda airport goes through Shinagawa and continues onto Asakusa subway line, where Asakusa station is located. It is one train and no change. There are 4 Asakusa station and 3 of them, Tobu, Ginza and Asakusa lines are connected and Tsukuba Express line is 0.6 to 0.8 km away. You will be at Asakusa station on Asakusa line. Make sure to take the train that shows the destination that are one of: Inzai-Makinohara, Narita, Narita airport, Inba Nikon Idai.

Once you get off the train, walk toward the back of the train, toward exit A2, away from transferring to Ginza line, then there is an elevator. The elevator is small, so maybe 4 of you can fit at one time. Once you are on the street level, walk toward Kaminari-mon, the Sensoji gate, then make a left. You should check this on the Google map.

Edited: 28 July 2017, 17:46
Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,018 posts
311 reviews
3. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Take the Keikyu Railway Haneda Airport Line which is directly connected to the Subway Toei Asakusa Line and bound for Narita Airport or Inba Nihon Idai Station, and get off at its Asakusa Station.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
386 reviews
4. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Yes, Asakusa station definitely has an elevator at exit A2 which is clearly signposted.

Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Thanks to everyone for the responses! As I understand, you recommend taking subway.

If this is a correct assumption, after watching several videos on utube about subway in Tokyo,we would like to avoid rush hour crowd.

Can anyone tell us WHEN is the rush hour? what time?

Thanks again

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
6. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

How did you get on in the end?

Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
69 reviews
7. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

Took a taxi

Orange County...
1 post
1 review
8. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

I also have a group of 8 adults. How many taxis did your group use and how much did it cost?

1 post
9. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

i was great, I had a short trip in Tokyo for only 12 hours transit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5xYKS7Rnvs

check this out guys.

Level Contributor
4,341 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?

I live about a 5-10 min walk from Asakusa Central Hotel, and the normal method from Haneda Airport is Keikyu Railway - Toei Asakusa Kine through service to Toei Subway Asakusa Line's Asakusa Station. Once upon arriving in Asakusa Station, you would need to look for elevators which are at the southern side of the station, and not attempt to go by stairs to which most people would be heading for. This would mean taking a slight detour, but the stairs at the northern side of the station is clearly not for people with large suitcases.

Taxi won't make good sense, as there is a faster and much cheaper option. Limobus doesn't have a good service to Asakusa (it has to Kinshicho but you'd still have to take either bus or taxi from there to Asakusa). Take the Keikyu - Toei Asakusa Line through service. There is no other alternative that I would seriously consider.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 23:46
Reply to: How to get to Asakusa Central hotel from the Haneda airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted