We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting at Narita Airport

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Connecting at Narita Airport

Arriving from the US connecting thru Narita airport to Okinawa Japan, does one have to go thru customs and immigration upon arrival in Narita and is the ANA flt to Okinawa (there is just one per day) in a diff terminal because it's a domestic flt? If I were to fly there to help my daughter make said connection would I then have time to turn myself around from a 4:40pm arrival to take a 7:25pm departure back to the US??? I know it sounds crazy, but that's my question.... Thanks

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting at Narita Airport

You should go through Immigration and Customs (pick up your bags) at Narita Airport, ANA uses the same terminal building (Terminal 1) but it is seperated between International and Domestic flights, so you just go to the domestic terminal check in procedures AFTER you exit Customs at Narita Airport.

narita-airport.jp/en/…index.html

The return flight BACK to the US, it shouldn't be a major problem, you should be able to check bags through and utilize the fast domestic to international departures area.

narita-airport.jp/en/…map_080410.html

Tokyo, SanDiego
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting at Narita Airport

If I understand you correctly, you're arriving at NRT at 4:40pm, help your daughter make a connecting flight then heading back to the US on a 7:25pm flight, correct?

It's going to be really tight. First of all, you'd have to be completed with your checkin at least 60 minutes before the departure time for an international flight. So in an hour and 45 minutes, you have to go through immigration, get luggage, customs, see your daughter off then checkin to the return flight.

In my experience, from touch down to arriving lobby usually takes one whole hour (don't forget the time it takes for the plane to taxi to the gate and people to deplane.) So if your incoming flight is delayed even for 30 minutes, you're not going to make it.

https:/…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,499 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting at Narita Airport

there is online check-in and if you have no checked bags, it will make things a lot smoother.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting at Narita Airport

Thanks,

Neither of us will be checking bags, learned long ago how to pack everything in one carry on. Sounds like if the inbound flt to Narita is on time it should be do-able. That is what I needed to know ;)

5. Re: Connecting at Narita Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Taito