We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

norfolk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

We are going as 2 families in August, any tips and good things to do while we are are?

We have teenage 3 girls and 1X 9 year old boy between us.

And what to avoid!!!!

thanks

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

all the beaches round there are quite nice - cala tarida, cala conta, cala bassa.

you'll be able to use up a fair bit of time just exploring that area anyway......

top of the list if you get a car should be a day trip to es vedra (clifftop at sa pedrera), sa talaia, and cala d'hort for lunch or tea. cala vedella is also a nice place to spend a day as a family - the beach and bait there is excellent....

you might enjoy a trip to san an bay as it's quite family orientated. it's pretty tacky compared to where you are staying though.

you are also not far from san jose - maybe mouseymouse will invite you to his house? or at least wave from his ivory towers and give you a few recommendations - there are some good tapas place in his neck of the woods.

enjoy.

b.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

MM's palatial Villa is usually booked out in August so daytrip invites are out of the question. A wave before Siesta is your best bet.

There are watersports on Cala Tarida beach and there is a ferry into San Antonio, which is a trip to take some evening after 5pm. All the traders and shops will be open. Take a trip on the Ibiza Train that leaves from the bus station in San An and heads up into the hills of Santa Agnes.

The 24th of August is a big Fiesta in San An and there is a huge firework display in the town so if you are around for that make sure you take it in. Here are some more ideas …blogspot.com/p/things-to-do-and-see-in-ibiz…

Enjoy, Cala Tarida is lovely and safe. Great sunsets.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

norfolk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

Thanks for the replies, but what the... is beach and bait? also mouseymouse and MM's palatial Villa.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

whoops, sorry. i meant lunch.

a beach is a strip of sand, generally found next to the sea.

the one at cala vedella is very nice for families and has 3 or 4 nice restaurants.

MM/mouseymouse is like the unofficial mayor of san jose, and if you're really lucky he will be sarcastic to or about you on trip advisor.

hopefully he will be along soon to give you some recommendations in san jose ;-)

Edited: 01 June 2011, 11:25
Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

Come on Bee get the title right...... The British Ambassador to San Jose. The locals would never have him as Mayor, not since he got the wrong side of that all powerful lobby group..... the San Jose Residents Association.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.com/

norfolk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

Cheers BEEZY, but to be precise, a beach is a pebbly or sandy shore, especially by the sea between high- and low-water marks, LOL :D

I chill in my cribb

I chillax in my house

My name is Bazza

Not mousymouse :)

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

fyi, it's a lovely flat sandy beach at cala vedella and the sea is quite sheltered as it's a big cove.....

nb: MM is really down with jive talk or rap, probably better tone it down if you do run in to him ;-)

norfolk
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

Cheers,the beach sounds and looks good, what water activities are in and around cala tarida?

Are there any Indian resturants close by, can't go 2 weeks without a curry!

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

the curry club in san antonio is probably your best bet as it's quite easy to find though there are 2 or 3 curry places dotted round san antonio bay. i haven't been to the curry club for years though i imagine there are reviews on ta. i sure wish we had an akbar's here.

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cala Tarida, Ibiza, Spain

i've heard good reports about curry club but not eaten there for years - we usually end up in ancient people in ibiza town........

Get answers to your questions about Cala Tarida
More Cala Tarida Topics