We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments in Agia Marina

Prestwood, Bucks
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments in Agia Marina

Hello, we are planning to go to Aegina in August and are looking for an apartment for 3 people - not a studio or hotel room where all the beds are in the one room!

Our ideal apartment would have a separate bedroom for me and the missus, and another bed for our 15 year old son. It should also have self-catering facilities. The 2 I have currently managed to find are Villa Alexandra and Esperides Maisonettes.

Are these fairly centrally located? Are there any others I should consider? I have stayed once before in Agia Marina, but that was in 1987, so i do not really fully remember the geography (that may have been due to too many metaxas at "Dimitris" (The Red Cock, I believe it was called!) Any help or alternative suggestions welcome.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments in Agia Marina

Hiya and welcome to the forums!

For some reason TA has stopped notifying me for new posts on Aegina forum and I missed this one, so my apologies for the late reply.

The first that comes to mind is indeed Esperides. Alexandra is also a very good choice, both well located, close to the port, main street and beach and relatively new.

There is practically nothing non-central in Agia Marina because the place is tiny and pretty much everything is near everywhere.

I can't think of any other accommodation that offers two bedroom apartments but if I do I'll get back to you.

Edited: 05 February 2010, 20:41
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments in Agia Marina

Hi,I have been spending my holidays in agia Marina every August for 40 years! I've stayed at Alexandra's but I can't remember where the other one is.Alexandras is half way down the road that leads to the Panorama hotel or you may know it better as the road near LEO's night club.Believe it or not Dimitris of the Red Cock is still in A Marina but the bar has been closed for many many years.He drinks in the evenings at tha MARINA cafe ,on the corner opp ths KARRAS hotel.It's a bit of a drag to hike up to alexandra's if you spend the day on the beach but if you swim on the rocks under 3 adelfia taverna its ok..and close to home after LEO's!!! I will find out the location of esperides and let you know...

Prestwood, Bucks
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments in Agia Marina

Hey guys - thanks for your replies. I have now booked at Esperides and can't wait. I can't believe Dimitri is still around - he must have been about 80 when I went in 1987!

Well, it was my first holiday abroad and I just couldn't believe that places like the Red Cock existed. Every half hour Dimitri would shout "Right, now you dance on the bar!!" and up everyone would get. A few drinks in there then off to eat, finishing up in the bar on the harbour. Then all the waiters finishing their shifts at the other restaurants would come down and dance traditonal dances; good times indeed....

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments in Agia Marina

Hi I know Dimitris very well...he is actually only 62 years old. he works at the apollo hotel and does as the other guy said drink at the Cafe marina with Panos, in an evening. he opened the red cock in several other locations after at the top of the hill near Magda Hotel.

If you go up the the red cock near Magda there is a smashed window which you can look thru and bring back those old memories. furniture and pictures are still there.

Enjoy your holidays!

5. Re: Apartments in Agia Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina