We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

Helsinki
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

We have been in Greece several times, so 'basics' are in hand.

Just to get the holiday (in August) mood:) it would be nice to have restaurant recommendations:)

Is there any place that you could have 'less salt' food? Or any nice restaurant in a 'top end' where you could just hours and enjoy the service?

Chania is close by but is there any special shops that would sell earings with idea:) I am looking for good design and hand work. Or any other really local products that you would liked there?

Thanks for your hints in advance:)

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

I've never had a bad meal at this taverna www.mitsosrestaurant.com

I'm not sure if it suits your "top end" defintion but I like it.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

I have been in Agia Marina several times and i think is not necessary to go in chania for food. My choice was Lottos restaurant. They have really good food and service, i love the pizza which they made, and very good atmosphere. Don`t miss it. Thanks

Skane County, Sweden
Level Contributor
140 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

Akti is right by the beach in Agia Marina, its so lovely! We kept coming back!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

Try the old village walk up the hill at the side of the Silk Petrol station passing the Atrion Hotel. on the corner at the top you will find Jayjays steak house that does typical american Burgers that I promise you will struggle to eat and on the other corner is Horatiki Gornia Taverna the food here is excellnet and I recomend the Pastitsio also if you buy a drink, bottle of wine or beer they give you one free with your meal, it was costing around 30 euros for a meal for three along with 4 beers and 2 sprites for my son, on August 16th 2010

Edited: 13 September 2010, 20:46
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
306 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

You are on the wrong forum lads. This is Agia Marina AEGINA, not CHANIA!!

6. Re: Agia Marina, where to eat and 'shop'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 07:37
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina