We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Which Laguardia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Hola!!

Does anyone know specific dates or activities for next

September 2012? We are planning our Spain trip and may try to time our visit to La Rioja around the Harvest festival.

Muchas gracias,

Teri from California

14 replies to this topic
Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

The big thing in Logroño is the San Mateo festivals (one week), by the end of September...not specifically a harvest festival, but close. There are several of this kind in the Rioja wine region. For your info, there´s a Basque Rioja wine region (where most top wines are produced), a La Rioja Rioja wine region and a Navarra Rioja wine region...and also a political region called La Rioja, but that does not cover all the Rioja wine region. Check in my blog for some more info.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

blogseitb.us/basquetourism/…

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Thanks MIke!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

The main wine harvest festivities and San Mateo in Logrõno generally lasts a week with the biggest day on September 21 - when there is a small processional and an offering of grapes along with grilled lamb chops in the square in front of the cathedral.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Thanks Cathy. This sounds less impressive than I was imagining. I thought I read somewhere that there was a parade and fireworks as well as grape stomping. I appreciate your quick reply.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

It's actually quite the time to visit. There are bands of penas roaming the streets playing music, fireworks almost every night, music at various outside venues across the city, degustations (food tastings) and various other events. It's very much the festive party and everyone is in a good mood.

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Thanks Cathy!! I may rework my itinerary to get to the LaGuardia and Logrono area around 9/ 21/2012.

. (PS My husband and I may be bike riding from Playa past Hermosa later this week. We love the beach bike trails there and we have eaten many lunches at Hermosa pier).

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Teri, you have never been to a Spanish party...and believe me, a parade and fireworks is the most boring thing in the world compared to it!! Party all over the place, but not drunkards or bad manners...young and old together, having a great time

Auburn, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

Mike ..I am now looking so forward to this.. Muchas gracias...

dublin ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012

I have limited time in Logrono as i will be touring other regions. Do you know the specific starting and finishing dates for the september[st matthew] wine festival please for this year??]

Reply to: Longrono Grape festival Sept 2012
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Laguardia