We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

Which Bunaken Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1ec
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

I will be in Bitung Island for one day end February, on one of the smaller cruise ships - I don't know where they dock. In principle I love getting about independently but am not as mobile as I used to be, am travelling alone and don't speak the local language.

I don't like being herded about in groups but you can see a lot in a short time. However they are extremely expensive - so I have a dilemma about what to do and how to do it.

The ship's tours are the Minahasa Highland Tour with visits to Woloan and Tonadana and the ancient Waruga graves at Airmadidi or The Bunakan Sea Garden with a glass bottom boat ride which I would like but include a lot of swimming, snorkelling, diving and beach time which I won't be able to do. Obviously I favour the former but is there something I could do on my own or would it be very expensive to hire a taxi for a day. Or am I better just taking the highland tour with such limited time

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I will post this also on the general site as I think probably divers mostly use this one.

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

Hi,

I would recommend the tour offered by your boat. They would have most likely organised it through a reputable local tour operator and they will make sure that you get the best out of your trip especially seeing that you have such a short time. See if it possible for them to take you to Tangkoko National Park as well to see the Tarsiers they are so cute!

2. Re: Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 14:05

3. Re: Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 14:05

1ec
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed

Thank you for your kind replies. I went to Bitung Island and did the Minahasa island tour which went through the most beautiful countryside and included an excellent Indonesian lunch on a lovely lake. The people were wonderful and extraordinarily friendly greeting us wherever we went.

Such a beautiful place and I highly recommend visiting it.

Reply to: Short time in Bitung Island. Advice needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bunaken Island