We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments & Golfet cove

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments & Golfet cove

We (2 adults and a 2 and a half yr old) are hoping to spend a week in Calella De Palafrugell in July (around 14-21st).

I have been trawling the internet for apartments to rent for the week on the budget end and have come up with some possibilities in the Park-Golfet apartment complex.

I can't seem to work out, however, if this is within reasonable walking distance of the town (they seem a little outside the centre I think). Does anybody know of these apartments? Or even the Golfet cove itself as they seem to be close to that.

And if so does anyone have any comments to make about them??

(Or even some alternative recommendations)

Any replies much appreciated!

Molly

Mentioned in this post
Calella de Palafrugell
Calella de Palafrugell
Palafrugell, Spain
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments & Golfet cove

Although we've never stayed at those apartments we have stayed several times in others quite nearby and have always had a car to get about with - but then we're oldies and you may be young and fit!

I've just looked at a description on the Port Calella website to make sure they were where I thought they were and it says that they're 900m away from the village centre (this will be along the road)so just under a kilometre, and 100 metres away from the steps leading down to El Golfet. It's a lovely walk along the cliff path but will obviously take much longer. Why go onto Google Earth, search on El Golfet and you will be able to see both how far away from the centre it is and also where the apartments are - if you move inland from the cove along the far edge of the woodland, you should be able to identify the complex which seems to have a largish pool.

I don't know where you've already looked for apartments, but assuming you've already tried Finques Frigola www.finquesfrigola.com/reserves/trobar.php… you could also try Dlleure http://www.dlleure.com/resultats.php.

Your dates may present a difficulty as most changeovers are Saturday but good luck with your search. It's a pity that prices there seem to have rocketed over the last couple of years.

Mentioned in this post
Calella
Calella
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Bristol
Level Contributor
409 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments & Golfet cove

Agree with SammysGranny, its probably about 15 mins walk to the centre either along the costal path or the road.

The beach there is not grreat and quite shilngley and stoney

Tim

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments & Golfet cove

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'm thinking this may be a little far out for comfort for us alright...young and fit maybe but also with the walking pace of a two and a half yr old alongside us!

We don't need to be completely central but would like it not to be an ordeal to get into town for an evening meal etc without a car.

I had looked on the first site mentioned but not the second - thanks, it looks good!

I also sent a number of enquiries through the calella port website (I think it was that one anyway!) but since the site was in Spanish I am only hoping for some replies now!!

Many thanks again...the search continues... : )

4. Re: Apartments & Golfet cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Calella de Palafrugell
Recent Conversations