We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Siesta - excursions

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
La Siesta - excursions

Can anyone who has stayed at La Siesta tell me if there are any excursions that you can take from the site?

Thanks

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Siesta - excursions

I can't help with the excursions but just wanted to suggest that you consider hiring a car to help you get the most out of the area. The roads are good and rarely busy and there are some lovely places just 20-30 minutes away from CdP which you would otherwise miss as public transport in the immediate vicinity is limited.

We normally pick up a car at the airport and find that the cost of the hire is very largely offset by the cost of the transfers we would otherwise have to pay.

Did you have any specific places in mind that you'd like to visit?

(Sorry - just realised that I'm assuming that you won't have your own transport and I might be wrong about that).

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Thanks for that info. No we won't have our own transport. I have thought about it but have never driven abroad so a bit wary of it! I will think about it though after reading your post! We weren't thinking of any places in particular but just wondered what would be on offer. We have teenagers with us so I am sure a water park or something similar would be appreciated! Thanks again

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,684 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Siesta - excursions

We have always drove down to La Siesta and it was easy to drive out to other resorts for the day,Pals,Playa de Aro and Estartit,well worth it to hire a car.We did book with the reps from there to do a trip to Barcelona,fantastic day out,we were picked up just outside the beachside entrance over the road,so glad we didnt drive there,manic !!.Great campsite,we stayed there about 10 times.

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Thanks - would love to do the Barcelona trip. Great to hear that other people have enjoyed the area so much! Really looking forward to it.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Siesta - excursions

There's a water park just outside Playa d'Aro about 15-20 mins drive away and a larger one near to Lloret about an hour away. There's also one up near Roses but I've no idea what that's like as we've never been.

The area is beautiful and certainly won't disappoint and I'd really encourage you to consider hiring a car. You won't need to travel long distances to find interesting and scenic places and you could miss out without your own transport - at least part of the time.

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Thanks that sounds great. Will seriously consider the car!

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Like Sammy'sgranny I would seriously urge you to consider a car. It would pay for itself in one trip out plus using it for transfer to and from the airport if you are flying there (it is a very simple journey of less than 1 hour from Gerona airport.)

There is so much to see close by that it would really enhance your holiday without meaning you were in the car too much.

Last year when we were at La Siesta we were staying next to a couple who had been going there for years but had never hired a car. We took them out for a few very short trips and they could not believe what they had missed!

Have confidence, give it a try, make sure you get a car with CDW excess included if you are concerned about scrapes etc, we use carjet from the airport to hire ours.

linlithgow
Level Contributor
564 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Hi i went to la siesta for 6 years in a row from 2002 to 2008 was then taken over and went downhill so havent been back, don,t get me wrong beautiful place and it is spotless the cleaners never stop and the pool down the bottom is great there isnt any entertainment for teenagers so you would be better hiring a car so you can get out and about There is loads to do and you don,t have to drive to far there is a big fun park in salou it is great that is a bit of a drive but well worth it,also playa d,aro is well worth a visit the beach is nice aswell. Palafrugel is nice aswel nice wee town and market on a sunday. At the bottom of the road on the way to the beach is a chinese buffet style nice in there, thats if its still there rite enough cos havent been there in a couple of years but i still miss it there it was like my second home lol used to go for 3 weeks well anything else you want to know don,t hesitate to ask i hope you have a great time. :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Thanks to everyone for the great information and advice-really appreciate it. Cheekymo - in what way would you say the site has gone downhill since you last visited? Will make the decision re the car a bit nearer the time although all the advice seems to point that way!

Merseyside
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: La Siesta - excursions

Hi we have been down to to Camping la siesta I guess 11/12 times. It is a fantastic site for families. We had a break for a few years and went on a cruise, the Algarve and Menorca all fantastic holidays but La Siesta was just as good as any of these. There are not many holidays that the same faces keep going back year after year, I am talking about foreign people as well as English that I have never spoke to but recognize. As for trips There are loads that can be arranged either at the reception or with the Siesta reps, if you are traveling with them. There is also a very good bus station in Palafrugell which will get you to most places near or far. We have booked to go in August this year by ourselves, in the past we have traveled with other families some have hired cars, we have never because we have just wanted a relaxing chilled out holiday which we always had.

One thing I will say is that it is more expensive to eat and drink than most places in Spain, but there are a few places that are quite reasonable. If there is any more information you want please just ask.