We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

wanting to go self catering but are the supermarket markets reasonable? Thinking of staying in Llafranc or Fornells or Tarmariu

what about the restaurants does a cheap set menu that is good exists anywhere?

Fran

PS Does anyone know of pools where we could have lunch and swim as our apartment wont have a pool...?

Wirral
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

Hi not an expert on Fornells ot Tamariu, but have been to LLfranc many times and we are due there in about 3 weeks.

A very expensive area compared to many other places in Spain. But the Itallian restaurant not sure of the name it used to be called La pasta is very reasonable. a great setting and fantastic pizzas. Its right on the corner by the tourist information office.

Alot of the restaurants locally are very expensive and to be honest not the best food, but the location makes up for this.

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

Most of the restaurants on the coast are expensive and not good value for money. The Leon in Llafranc isn't bad as is Xabec in Calella. But to get a bargain, you need to go for the Menu Del Dia usually at lunchtime. For less than E10 you can get 3 courses, wine, water, bread and sometimes coffee. The coastal restaurants only offer this off season and some don't even do it then. Take the car inland a little and look for La Casona and Mas Oliver in Palafrugell or La Tina on the right hand side of the autopista from Palafrugell to Palamos (just after the Salon de Te). If you take the next exit and cross under the autopista, you'll get to El Pla. Both La Tina and El Pla do menus in the evening also.

However, the best bargain of them all is Sala Gran in Llofrui. Superb restaurant, almost silver service, and fantastic food. Check this out for E26. salagran.com/es/….

That's on ALL-IN price and its a must do.

Edited: 05 May 2013, 09:02
Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

Hi again. The best bargain in the area is now Mas Oliver restaurant in Palafrugell which offers an amazing 3 course set lunch with wine, water and bread included for €6 per person. That's SIX EUROS PER PERSON. And it's actually very nice food in lovely surroundings. I don't know if this offer will be on in July and August. Get there early as it is very popular.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

ah thanks for that I might go this area again after all I have the walking map now!! We had a fantastic time..went to the dali museum loved that and barcelona, Gerona and the costal places..found superb seafood on the beach at Pall I think. However in season it must be awful we went in October and it was just warm enough to swim for me, but not for Duncan..actually it had started to get a bit bitter..1st to 12th October. But next time I would go in September. Its a nice place...mass building with villas discreet but still its there...but still retains a feeling of how it must have been before mass building on the coast !! Partly because inland is unchanged. We had a great time in a place called Conca and enjoyed rating the locals out for a dance on a fete night ...the youngest was at least 60! Found a fantastic restaurant there too...we did it all through airbnb as we are too single travellers and stayed with a lovely woman in Concar. I think staying with local people is such a good idea. Anyway you can get private places too and its more economical than villas or hotels...but better than camping in my opinion you may know of it. If I partner up with someone I would love to go back. Its a nice area for families and couples ..or friends I suppose but not so much the single traveller I felt. Thanks for restaurant recommendations very hellpful and much appreciated.

lancs
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

Hi

If you go again rent a lodge on La Siesta campsite. It is more like a little village, with two lovely pools and a great very cheap supermarket, bakery with homemade produce and a lovely atmosphere for single travellers

6. Re: Eating inexpensively llafranc and surrounding areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:18