We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets on Sunday

Which Calella de Palafrugell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets on Sunday

Hi there,

we fly into Barcelona on a Sunday for a self cateing holiday in Tamariu in June. Ideally we would like to pick up supplies but I'm guessing Supermarkets won't be open. We land around midday & wondered what the opening hours for the supermarket in Palafrugell were or if there are any alternatives on the Sunday that might work.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

Palafrugell supermarkets are open until about 15.00 on Sundays (which is also market day in the morning) so it might be touch and go to get here before they close. There is a seasonal supermarket in Tamariu but I'm not sure what hours it keeps. You can get some basic tide-me over stuff in local petrol stations and bars and restaurants will be open.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

Thanks Saul. That's really helpful & we might just make it. Flight arrives around 11ish assuming no delays.

belfast
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

If your driving from Barcelona, there's a couple of good shopping options in Gerona, which you'll probably be passing; multimallmanagement.com/our_centers/…

It's just off junction 7; may be a little more than you need but there is a decent supermarket there and many other shops and places to get a bite of lunch!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

Wow - looks great. Thanks so much Alan. Certainly got a few options to consider now.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

Sunday isn't a shopping day for most places, so I don't think that shops in Girona will be open (Espai is also on the wrong side of Girona).

Palafrugell is a bit different because of the Sunday market so shops and supermarkets also open on Sundays. During the summer months some other towns also open for Sunday shopping but I couldn't say which specifically. If you're coming from Barcelona the airport is close to a big Carrefour and big Al Campo - both which should have opening hours on their websites. From Girona, you might find some places open in the retail park at Platja d'Aro which I believe also opens on Sundays.

6. Re: Supermarkets on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calella de Palafrugell