We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

Hi,

Any advice would be great. Would Calella de Palafrugell or L"Escala be better for a young couple wanting few days beach holiday without transport. Helping them with their search as we will be collecting them to go on and stay in Pals, Begur area. They are flying to Gerona and having a couple of days there, then getting bus/train to a coastal resort. They like to be able to sunbathe, few nice bars, markets etc. I know Calella and know they can walk to Lla Franc from there and maybe even go to Tossa /Blanes for a day trip, but I cant recall L"Escala .

Also, any advice on cheapish accommodation with a fridge please, thank you all.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

L,Escala is certainly a much bigger resort, so more going on. Look for rental properties on www.homeaway.com.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

It may be bigger but it's not half as attractive as Calella de Palafrugell - apart from the Empuries and San Marti area that is. Not in my opinion anyway.

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

Thankyou, yes I think they would be better in Calella de Palafruggel !

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
17 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

I spend my holidays in Calella and I don t know L Escala that well, but for what you say they might find Calella to quiet and small. Calella is nice for walks and a quiet stay but if you want to visit markets and see things you need a car.

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

It's like comparing St Ives to Newquay. CdP every time.

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
3 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

Hi I know both resorts but I would advise Calella de Palafrugel as there is much more to see near lovely bleaches good restaurants and near Agua Brava which means blue waters which it is.

I lived here for 17 years and it is a very lovely area very unspoiled. Good restaurants.

IHotel Garbi in Calella is a wonderful hotel very central to the Costa Brava this is not a 4 star but the rooms are great and the food is great very clean I can really recommend this hotel over looking the sea.

Regards Tina

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
3 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

I would recommend Hotel Garbi in Calella Parafugel

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

Hi Tina. I'm not 100% on the Garbi simply because of its location. I don't think you could say it overlooks the sea in the same way as the Sant Roc does. More like a sea view in the distance. It's a good 15 minute walk down to the village and a 20 minute walk back. I'd recommend the Hotel Alga more in that it's got a much better location only 3 minutes from the village and 12 minutes to Llafranc and great facilities in terms of gardens and pool.

9. Re: Calella de Palafruggel or L"Escala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calella de Palafrugell