We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked! 5/19-5/26

KMF24
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Topic
Just booked! 5/19-5/26

So excited. Finally booked our vacation. My husband and I are staying at L'Hoste at the end of May. Trying to get an idea of what we need to see and where we should plan on eating. Can you suggest the must see/ must dos. Where is the best bakey? Coffee? Wine?

What day is the best day to island hop over to Aguilla? Do they still offer the mud excursions to the small out island? At one time I read they were no longer offering the tours.

As far as the dutch side: where should we go for the best happy hour?

So excited!

Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

We are heading down on May 6th and staying on the French side as well.On Orient beach the place we plan to hangout is at Aloha Beach Bar. Great atmosphere and the owner works the bar.If you google it there is a short you tube video showing a cruise ship entertainers playing and the owner mixing drinks. My wife's favourite bakery/cafe would be Sarafina's across from the waterfront in Marigot. For fine dining try Le Tastevin right on the water in Grand Case. On the Dutch side Sunset Beach Bar is a great way to spend an afternoon watching the planes land..not sure about happy hour there

Mentioned in this post
Le Tastevin
Le Tastevin
1,184 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Sunset Beach Bar
Sunset Beach Bar
2,182 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
472 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

send me an email at JVR13@aol.com and I will send you a list of recommendations we have put together for family and friends based on 12+ years of vacations in St Martin.

Mentioned in this post
Texas
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

When we stayed there L'Hoste served a fantastic continental breakfast that was included with the price of the room. You could upgrade to a full breakfast for a small fee. We enjoyed the continental everyday and never ordered the full breakfast.

KMF24
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

Thanks everyone! JVR13 I got your email and I am so grateful for all of the information..

KMF24
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

Couple more questions:

What day of the week does the cruise ship dock and let everyone off? I'm thinking that might be the day I try leaving Orient Beach for the day.

Also, where is a good jewerly shop that offers unique designs at a very resonable price?

Thanks again.

Houston,TX
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

We LOVE Orient Beach and are headed back the same dates! Great time of year because it's "low season" and not as crowded. We rented a villa on the hill with friends. Waikiki Beach club has great sushi and is our favorite restaurant on Orient. Very cool hang out and a great way to meet people from all over the world. Bikini Beach is always a popular hang out. Bay Watch on Orient is the only american bar/restaruant and they are very affordable for breakfast/lunch and their drunken clams are delish! Go to Loterie Farm and do the zip line and eat dinner at the treehouse restaurant. Take the ferry to Pinel Island for the day. Be sure to go watch the sunset and have dinner at Calamos Cafe in Grand Case and enjoy a rum shot with Nikko!

Edited: 22 April 2012, 21:09
Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
381 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Bikini Beach
Bikini Beach
502 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Loterie Farm
Loterie Farm
1,329 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Pinel Island
Pinel Island
2,243 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Mpls. MN
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

Happy Hour would be a great time to visit Sunset Beach Bar~ one of the places you really do have to see.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Beach Bar
Sunset Beach Bar
2,182 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

Would love to share info as we discover it. We are about to book at La Samanna for the same dates. Have been stressing about all the talk of increasing crime and scouring the internet for info. Right now, I'm ready to just pull the trigger (pun NOT intended :), and book a vacation and just be smart about it. We will be traveling with our two daughters who will have just graduated from college. A celebration for all of us!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

We are going to be there from 5/19-5/26 as well, staying in a house in Terres Bassas.

I'm not worried about the crime... you just need to be smart like you would in any city.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked! 5/19-5/26

We have just booked at La Samanna for 5/18-25. This is our first trip to St. Martin and we are really looking forward to all these great suggestions about where to go and what to do. Can't wait!!

Mentioned in this post
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay