We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peddlers

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Peddlers

How bad are the peddlers on Orient Beach? This might be the make or break issue for us staying on Orient Beach. Are they bold enough to wake you up if you are sleeping on the beach. That happened to us in the Bahamas and I just couldn't believe that someone would do that.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peddlers

No, they are not. A polite "no thank you" and they will go away.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peddlers

Never an issue for us, I actually had to ask somebody to come over to me when I wanted to buy an ankle bracelet!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peddlers

I just got back and did not have an issue with peddlers. In fact did not notice any. Beach was full of people having a great time and relaxing in the sun without an issue. As far as staying there, becareful about what hotel you pick. The entire village lookes like Disneyland's Main Street after a crack induced weekkend. The place is full of apartments, condos and hotel mix all built in the same designs. Some are kept up better than others but it all looked run down to me. The beach is fun and the plaza is good for food but I would stay in Grand Case about a 10 min drive to the other side opposite Orient Bay. That way, you can have your fun during the day and party at night and get a nice nights sleep and beautiful beach at the same time without all the people.

4. Re: Peddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay