We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Nj
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Hi,

Off to St Martin in early April. I just got my scuba license in Bali however my wife doesn't dive. We are on the island for only 3 to 4 days (way to short!!) so I don't want to spend that much time getting to and from the dive launch site and leaving my wife bored/alone for extended periods while I am out.

I am up for 1 or 2 two tank dives and was wondering if there is anything in Orient bay itself which would be convenient as we are staying at the Palm court hotel and I won't be gone for that long this way. All I have found is in Simpson bay or Grand Case which I know isn't that far, however I was wondering if there was anything even closer.

Thanks!

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Lot into Octopus Diving. If still around they operate out of Orient Beach.

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
29 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

There is a dive shack on the beach, but didn't see the name. We did dive with Octopus Diving out of Grand Case, which is a very short drive from Orient Bay and they were very good.

Nj
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Thanks. I think in that case I will just go with Octopus. Not so keen on going with a no name place that doesn't even show up online. Is Octopus an easy and hassle free place to dive?

Thank you

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

As I recall now it was Neptune Diving and not Octopus on Orient. Sorry.

Nj
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Thanks for the info about Neptune. When did you use them? From the TA page no one has reviewed them in quite some time and they have no website or contact info. Perhaps they closed down their operation.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

Take the short amount of time it takes to go to Grand Case and check out Octopus. You will be very pleasantly surprised and have a great time. Check out their reviews on here. I thought the drive was minimal and you get to see another place. Don't cut corners diving. Enjoy!

7. Re: Orient Bay Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:24
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay