We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

• Can anybody tell me if the cigarette prices are the same this year or have they gone up? I was paying €3.80 for L&B silver last September. Also, are they freely available - I have heard they must be ordered in advance? I will be staying in Roda.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Hi Paul and welcome to the Corfu forum....

Not sure about the cost for this year, but usually the government sets the prices for cigarettes - I paid around 3.80 euros last year for my brand. You can get most branded cigarretes in Sidari.

If someone who is living in Corfu can come on and let you know what the price is for this year...

Fi

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

If you are getting cigarettes from a kiosk or small shop and want to take home a few hundred then you will quite possibly need to order them a few days in advance.

Anstruther, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Prices are still the same. We have just returned from Roda and my husband bought l&b no bother in the supermarket in Roda and at the airport.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Hi how much are local brands of cigs do they still sell Oscar brand thanks pete

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Can I buy fags at corfu airport when I land.?

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Do you know if it is cheaper to buy the cigarettes in the town or the airport when coming home ?

Thanx Karen

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Hi Karen'

Cigarette prices in Greece are controlled by the government. This means that they are the same price wherever you buy them. There is no such thing as "Duty Free" within Europe. The only way it might be a bit cheaper at the airport is that some small shops charge extra if you want to pay by credit card. The other advantage in buying at the airport is that they can go as hand baggage (except I've heard with Ryanair)

The price of the cigs is on the packet.

Bob

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Thanx Bob , that answers my question. I was in Spain earlier this year and I was cheaper buying them in the town than the airport surprisingly. By about €6 a carton

K

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

Last year in Kekalos, i bought Pall Mall Red, they were only €3.30! I think they're boxes of 25's as well?!

Bought them from local shops/supermarket. I found all the places i went to, well stocked. If they don't have them, then people will most likely go elsewhere so it's in their best interest to have them. That's what i found anyway.

Rachel

:o)

10. Re: Cigarettes in Roda Corfu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Roda
Recent Conversations