We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boukari transfer

dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Boukari transfer

Hello all , i have booked a resorthoppa transfer from the airport to the Penelope hotel , Boukari on 27/08 , i read somewhere that the bus will drop us at the Messonghi beach hotel and will have to get a taxi to Boukari , does anyone know if this is correct , many thanx .

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boukari transfer

It may be best to email resorthoppa and confirm with them. If I booked a transfer to a resort I'd expect to be brought to the resort and not two villages away and be expected to pay a taxi fare for the remainder of my journey.

I know the taxi rank for Moraitika and Messonghi is just outside the driveway into the Messonghi Beach Hotel.

dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boukari transfer

Many thanx Breezer 25 , will e-mail the company ,cheers .

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boukari transfer

Hey, how did u get on with Resorthoppa? I am in the same position but traveling late September. Thinking of walking from Messonghi as I've only got hand luggage and looks like a nice walk along the coast road, about 3 miles. Thanks and hope you have a great holiday, Sarah

dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boukari transfer

Hi Sarah , i contacted Rhoppa and checked my booking , it clearly states penelope hotel Messonghi , i could not request Boukari as was not an option on their destination for transfer , think it will take us all the way , will let you know upon return , we can not walk as suitcases and arrive at Messonghi @ 11;30 pm !! Nine days and counting to Retsina time !! Ta-ta

Sheffield
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boukari transfer

Ask the driver. If they aren't taking you all the way, I suggest you get them to drop you off at Messonghi Beach hotel, because that is where the taxi rank is. If you go into Messonghi then you will have to get someone to call you a taxi and it will be extra. Messonghi Beach is at the roundabout on the border of Moraitika and Messonghi. I've done the walk from Moraitika to Boukari and very pleasant it was, but it is a bit up and down in parts. It's not all on the flat.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 13:40
dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boukari transfer

Hi TinTin 100 , many thanx for your reply , i will ask the driver upon boarding the bus , 9 days to go , party time , cheers :)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boukari transfer

'Party Time'!! In Boukari? Lot's of Ouzo required methinks.lol

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boukari transfer

@Cloggylogs: as tintin100 says, the road between Messonghi and Boukari is up and down...

also it is un-lit, no pavements and overhung with trees in places which makes it a bit dark even in the daytime, so if you are arriving at night it's not the best idea to walk this road. I second the suggestion that a taxi from the roundabout would be a better option for you.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Boukari transfer

Hi Chillax,

Thanks so much for your reply :-) If you could let me know how you get on that'd be fab and any other tips. It looks like a lovely place - I'm on 28 day countdown but you're nearly there now, arent you ?

6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boukari transfer

Hi Tintin and Ontouruk,

Thanks very much for your practical advice, very much appreciated.

Sarah

Get answers to your questions about Messonghi