We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grecotel El Greco

Which Platanias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grecotel El Greco

Hi, we are thinking of booking this hotel for next September and all the very recent reviews are really good, but going back a bit looks a bit iffy (cockroaches in room, blankets with bugs, grotty bathrooms and fixtures and fittings)! Hope this isn't the case now. Would appreciate some recent, honest opinions.

Also, is bottled water provided in the room or is it only available in the restaurants?

Would be grateful for any information, hints, tips etc. before we book.

Many thanks, Sara.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grecotel El Greco

Hi there

Well,if the recent reviews are "honest opinions" then it would appear that any previous issues have been addressed. No excuse ever for bed bugs or whatever it was, but you can find cockroaches anywhere in Crete, they will get in anywhere. Having said that, in 20 years of travelling to Greece, I reckon I've seen less than a dozen so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just checked the reviews, it has a total of 282 of which 236 place it as 4 or 5 star rating, not much wrong there by the looks of it

Edited: 19 November 2013, 14:02
Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grecotel El Greco

Hi,

That hotel is considered to be one of Rethymnon's best. It is a chain of about 4 hotels in Rethymnon and many more all over Greece.

I find hard to belive bad reviews of them in matters of cleaningness of the rooms, unless it is an exaduration

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
192 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grecotel El Greco

Thanks a lot guys. Sara

4. Re: Grecotel El Greco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Platanias
More Platanias Topics