We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electronics

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
453 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Electronics

Will visit MI during X-Mass / New Year holidays. My grandchildren want to bring their lap tops and X Box games. Are there any special documents to fill out ? Equipment only to be used at our villa.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electronics

If the electronic toys are not new and in their boxes there should be no problem bringing them for personal use.

Some new items are subject to import duties.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Electronics

Good tip info_posada, yes always take price labels off everything and out of their new looking boxes. That's what the Venezuelans do! And also, don't carry anything of value like electronic items in your checked in luggage! If you must, put a lock on it.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electronics

When you fill in the customs declaration, declare only NEW ITEMS, none of the used stuff, so no need to declare the used electronics. You will have no problem.

Extra advice: bring the electronics as carry-on to avoid airport theft. It doesn't happen all the time but 1 theft per every 100 bags is enough for me to not risk it. Electronics are favorites of the occasional customs crook.

The electrical system in Venezuela is 2-prong outlet type ( I I ) or the 3-prong type (earthed) and all 110w

Aldergrove, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electronics

Hello,

I am looking for a good electronic travel translator, any suggestions?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electronics

Have a look here in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_21?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=electronic+translator&sprefix=electronic+translator

Read the comments carefully because some of them look like real dogs.

There were a couple there with 4+ points out of 5.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electronics

Four years ago I entered Venezuela with a $1000 worth of computer components and had no problems. Most of it was in my carryon but the bigger items were in my locked checked-in luggage. The big thing for me was with Toronto airport security. They freaked when they saw the electronic components in my carryon on their scanner screen.

Aldergrove, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electronics

Thanks,

Have looked there also and it is confusing, one persons pride is another person poison, I guess it depends on what's expected. I would like to see some physically to try out.

8. Re: Electronics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa el Agua
Recent Conversations
More Playa el Agua Topics