We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

Hello

We are hoping to pick up our hire car at Guapiles after a trip to Tortuguero and drive that day to San Gerado de Dota. How long will it take, if we leave at about 2pm will we get there before dark?

Thanks for your help.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,115 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

Absolutely not! It is close to 6 hours driving, and it rains almost every afternoon in the mountains. Depending which route you will take, overnight or in Cartago or in Turrialba.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

I could be wrong but I think it would be less than 5 hours. Still, good advice to overnight in between. because it will be dark long before you get there. I would recommend that you overnight in the beautiful Orosi Valley. Whatever you do I would backtrack to Siquirres and take route 10 through Cartago to route 2 (the Inter American) Although it may look longer on a map, you will regret taking route 32 through San Jose.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

I will do exactly as Cana Tico is saying...Siquirres...Turrialba...CArtago...Pan Am Hwy South and into Dota...close to 5 hours...deends how many time you take a wrong way...sorry!

roadadvisor

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

Thanks for the advice, I will schedule a stop

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

You are WELCOME!

roadadvsior

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

Sorry another question: how long is it going to take to drive Guapiles to Turrialba.

Thanks again!

Canada
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

I am going to say about two hours but it I'd really just an educated guess.

8. Re: Travel Time: Guapiles to San Gerado de Dota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about San Gerardo de Dota