We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Balbinello Lenno

Which Lenno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
67 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Balbinello Lenno

This Villa is run by an Italian organisation 'FIA' it has a reciprocal agreement with the National Trust. When we visited last year we could have saved about 20 Euro's for entry to the garden and the house for 2 people by showing our membership cards.

The Nt does not seem to make its other links known and does not cover it in the membership details but there is a link on its web site although not easy to find that gives details of worldwide affiliates. Spend the saving on a bottle of Prosecco with a splash of Campari.

7 replies to this topic
Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
444 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

Is this the villa you can get into on certain days for free if you walk in the back way?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

It's probably the one that you mean - there are certain days you have to take the boat (6 euro return if I recall correctly) and days when you can walk in. In either case you still have to pay to get into the villa. Btw the walk is fairly strenuous!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

We walked in but it was a lot further than we thought and I totally wished we`d caught the boat which seems to go back and forth like a taxi.. (Better views from the sea also)

There`s a ticket office at the boat dock and the path has big gates so I doubt it`s ever free.

I`m a member of the RHS so my entry was also free.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

We thought it would be nice to walk there today. Suffice to say we took the water taxi back !!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

Lol we went back this year - learnt lesson from last time, boat is definitely the way to go!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

The walk is actually quite pleasant and shaded, but, if it is hot, it roughly a mile and that's a long way in street clothing in hot weather. If you are wearing trainers/hiking gear you'd be fine.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Balbinello Lenno

I agree with skywalkerbeth, the walk through the woods is pleasant and shaded, also, because of the slight gradient, I've found that walking back is a bit easier than walking to the villa.

Reply to: Villa Balbinello Lenno
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted