We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

a group of about 6 of us heading down, couples and singles, I might stay 2 weeks as it is only $200 for the extra week. anybody else want to join in, safety, and alot more fun in numbers. ages about mid 30's. if we get more than 10, get a group rate as well! I am an experienced traveller, been to about 30 countries. lots of good experience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

Aww...that would have been fun! There's a small group of us (4 people) planning to head down end of February. We are also from Ontario. We haven't booked yet...

My question for those of you who know the area very well: Would it be better to stay in Playa El Agua or in Pedro Gonzalez? And...what's the beach like? I'm reading a lot about waves and surfing, etc... We'd prefer calmer waters... Any suggestions?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

If you stay in Playa El Agua there is a lot more going on.

There are more than 30 restaurants along the beach.

I've been on the beach in February when it was almost dead flat & at other times fairly strong surf.

It is the Island's most famous & popular beach & no matter what the conditions you always find people in the water. If the surf is strong you have to be cautious of undertow as you would on any oceanic beach.

The beach at Dunes can be quite strong as well although it is different than Playa El Agua.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

Thank you so much. That's very helpful.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

Going to Venezuela next week. Sold dollars today at BsF 16.5 per dollar (official rate is Bs.F 4.30 per dollar)

35. Re: group from ontario heading down jan 9th.... dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Pedro Gonzales
More Pedro Gonzales Topics