We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Which Binibeca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North west UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Hi We are off the Binibeca 30th August with our 5-yr old, we have been before twice as a couple. Just wondering if any of you know where is the best place to hire a car as we will be staying at the Eden Club Hotel and using transfers to the hotel? Also what is the Menorcan equivalent to UK full-fat fresh milk please? And finally where is the nearest, decent supermarket? Thanks x

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

"Also what is the Menorcan equivalent to UK full-fat fresh milk please? "

More like other way round now as I notice UK milk is now 4%? anyway BLUE packaging is full fat and clearly states 4% on it.

There is large Hypermarket Eroski ) in nearby Sant Lluis @Poligno and a smaller very popular supermarket Sa Botega at S'Ullastrar, on the way to Sant Lluis from Binibeca FYI note UK tourist name is Binibeca actual local name is Binibequer ( with grave on e ) and will be signposted as such.

There is a small Mini Spar in Binibequer Vell 3 mins walk from Eden

Local Car Hire - try Autos Amigos in Cala en Porter ( auto valls is in Punta Prima -but I suspect they charge way over the odds )

Edited: 11 July 2010, 08:35
UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

We've found in the past that the milk doesn't stay as fresh for as long as it does in the UK, especially the carton milk. If this is a problem, Sa Botiga now sells Cravendale, which lasts longer - but you pay for it!

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

... oh but the fresh island milk tastes so much better

sometimes it really frustrates me the tastelss food we suffer in the uk due to supermarkets insisting on all sorts of processes to lengthen shelf life, so much preserving sugars in stuff yukk! ) Bring back unpasturiesed cheese!!!

Sorry that's the second topic I've taken way off track. will go lie down.:-)

Edited: 11 July 2010, 11:43
North west UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Thank you for your replies. I am not mad about milk it's for our wee boy who will only drink fresh milk, not sterilised and may be worth getting a car for sure ;-)

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Hiya, when our kids were small they wouldn't drink the full fat menorcan milk as they said it was too 'thick', what we described as too creamy! They much preferred their semi skimmed. The cravendale we bought in cala Galdana was 3 euros a carton, so if they can drink the menorcan milk, it saves on the budget a bit.

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Most food shops tend to offer fresh milk in Litre bottles, so for daily fresh I reckon the shop in Binibequer Vell will have it

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
609 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

The fresh menorcan milk is delivered to the supermarkets on a wednesday and has a fridge life of just over a week

North west UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

Thanks for all the great milk tips! We go on the 30th August cant wait x

9. Re: Full fat milk in Binibeca and car hire reccomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
Recent Conversations
More Binibeca Topics