We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

benibeca Resort

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
benibeca Resort

Hello

Thinking of coming out to Benibeca next friday for a week, seen a Villa we like as we just fancy a week of relaxation by the pool, having a nice meal at night with a couple / few beers , like to walk after breakfast for a few miles and chill by the pool is this a good resort for this type of activity ??

can anyone recommend a car hire company and offer a rough price guide to hire a car for a day ?

also are buses running at this time of year to Mahon, any advice appreciated and thank you in advance.

Rgds

Hawickbear

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: benibeca Resort

Hi just returned from binibeca fantastic place! Very quiet ( may a little noisier during school holidays) don't know about buses I believe they are a little unreliable a taxi from airport to binibeca vell will cost approx 20 euro...car hire varies from company but as you will find if you check on trip advisor some companies are just after your money with all sorts of little cons from paying for fuel upfront to claiming cars were damaged..I cannot recommend highly enough "ambercars menorca " cost 165 euro for a full week no extra add ons you give the car back with the same amount of fuel it started with ( if you use £10 you pay for £10 simple!) it's run by a Spanish/scots couple perfect English spoken willing to help with anything you need, you can collect and return to airport or they will deliver ( 10 euro approx for local delivery) contact Pancho ( tell him Simon sent you to him..I might get a pint out of it next time I go lol) I initially tried Poppy's car hire but they had nothing available ( I had seen them reviewed on here) so recommended Pancho at Amber's

Hope this helps

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: benibeca Resort

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your response and the information provided, we have booked our holiday so i will have a look at ambercars and tell them that you recommended them, ( free pints lol !! indeed ).

Thank you again for the info it's appreciated.

Hawickbear

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: benibeca Resort

Hi, also have a look at Poppy cars. I have used them for years. Roger &Sue are lovely. Great cars and no cons at all. Always get excellent reviews here.

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: benibeca Resort

Hi Deebanks,

Thank you for posting it's appreciated, i will have a look.

Hawickbear

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: benibeca Resort

Hello

Just to report back that we had a fantastic time in Binibeca, what a beautiful country Menorca is, we did not hire a car as we just walked most places, used the road train to Punta Prima and the bus to Mahon and other places, it was very relaxing and we thoroughly enjoyed it, we will be back and for anyone wanting a more relaxed break than the norm then i highly recommend it, thanks to all who replied to questions on TA and if i can be of any help to anyone please let me know.

Hawickbear

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: benibeca Resort

We are their now and have a car with a local company called auto xoroi. Excellent service.

isles of scilly
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: benibeca Resort

Hi we would like to go to Minorca in early October. We are fit 60 year olds and never been to this island before. We like going on beach for couple of hours and having a swim. Like to be able to stroll around to somewhere and have an option of numerous bars nearby to walk to. Would this area suit us?

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
13,286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: benibeca Resort

The need for "numerous bars nearby " part of your post worries me TBH atlantis - are you sure that Menorca is going to be right for your needs because most resorts in Menorca aren't really going to fit that scenario. If you are specifically looking at Binibeca then you will definitely not find lots and lots of bars to choose from there..

Have you looked at the Top Question section of the main island forum page ? If not, please do because there are a couple of topics on there which will give you links to other sites where you can find info about the island itself and all the main tourist areas.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 09:50
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: benibeca Resort

If you want numerous bars you might be better in a town like Es Castell and then then getting a taxi or bus to a local beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: benibeca Resort

@Atalantis I think I suggested Binibeca to you.

If you stayed in Eden hotel or the Binibequer Vell Apartments you would have 6 Cafe bars with 2 min walk with another 5+ within 20 walk. that might be enough for you THOUGH note beach is a 20min slow walk from the accommodation. Es Castell has a lovely swimming bay at Cala Padera where you can catch the sun too

Edited: 11 August 2014, 12:07
Get answers to your questions about Binibeca
Recent Conversations
More Binibeca Topics